• Page:

Topic

R800 Wiper Stalks 13 years 4 months ago #20105

• psymon's Avatar Topic Author
  • psymon
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • 2001 MGF 1.8 in MNX
Finished my circuit for intermittant wash wipe, Simply it takes the output from the intermitant speed selector and based on that triggers a Single Wipe, The speed selector varies the time between each wipe.

Heres the circuit

Whilst this will work the resistor values in the stalk are far to low and close together to make any real difference to the time between wipes, Currently it can be varied between 1 to 1.5 second pulse's
If we had an output of up to 100k then our range would between 1 to 30 seconds.

My next step is see how i can change the resistors in the stalk, failing that i'll have to do it via a Microprocessor instead but that'll push the cost right up.

I'll update this thread when i've got a stalk apart.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by psymon.

Re: R800 Wiper Stalks 13 years 4 months ago #20107

Sounds a good start!:yesnod:

The circuit diagram whizzes completely over my head, but I'll take your word for it.:rofl:
David
:shrug:

Re: R800 Wiper Stalks 13 years 4 months ago #20114

Keep on it - would be ideal if you can come up with a variable intermittent wipe facility
MG TF LE500 27 of 500

Re: R800 Wiper Stalks 13 years 4 months ago #20123

Sheila's previous car was a Peugeot and that had an automatic setting on the wipers.
when it rained the wipers started in auto and then wiped at the appropriate rate for the heaviness of the rain.
It was great until the screen over the sensor got mucky and then... chaos ensued.:lol:
But as long as you kept a cleaning cloth to keep the sensor area sparkling, it worked.
David
:shrug:

Re: R800 Wiper Stalks 13 years 4 months ago #20134

• psymon's Avatar Topic Author
  • psymon
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • 2001 MGF 1.8 in MNX
I've got auto wipers on my BMW, doesn't seem to suffer from dirt on the screen but does hate the wrong sort of rain, it can't cope with fine rain at all.

Same unit has the Auto Headlights sensor and autodiping rear view mirror as well, Keep eyeing it up thinking how do i get that in the F with out losing the interior lights

Re: R800 Wiper Stalks 13 years 3 months ago #20156

I have the Workshop disc for the Rover range - does this wiper circuit diagram help?

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.089 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT