Sign In   Register

Topic

mgf sp cheetah 13 years 5 months ago #18888

• rayb's Avatar Topic Author
  • rayb
  • Qualified MGer
  • Qualified MGer
MY SON CAME ACROSS THIS TONIGHT HIS MG MAD TOO, ITS A MGF SP CHEETAH MADE AROUND 1998 AND COST A WHOPPING £30,000 . HERES A SELECTION OF WHATS IT ABOUT,

At SP we have really, really done it! We've gone and built the WORLD'S FIRST SUPERCHARGED MGF - THE CHEETAH!!
It's the car that every driver dreams about. It has:

STUNNING LOOKS!!
The world famous automotive designer's KRAFTHAUS have restyled and enhanced the curvaceous MGF, revealing an aggressive, lower and wider stance. Masculine! Poised for Action!

AWESOME POWER!!
200 bhp is produced by the forced induction Rotrex Supercharger developed specifically for the CHEETAH by Turbo Technics. Check out the Cheetah's Full Specification

* 0-60 in 5.5 secs
* 0-100 in 12.9 secs
* Max Speed = 150mph (limited)

SP Performance exhaust system that sounds great and provides a 12% power increase @ 5,000rpm, over the standard mild steel system.

ULTIMATE HANDLING!!
Hydrogas Special Race Suspension to optimise handling, reducing roll & pitch sensitivity under braking - all without compromising ride quality.

Maximum Braking with competition discs, Mintex high-friction anti-fade brake pads & Bosch ABS system. This monster combination gives the driver complete control in harnessing the power of the Cheetah.

Beautiful 17" 5 spoke AZEV's come fitted with Ultra Low Profile A520 Yokohama's (215/40/17-front 215/45/17-rear)

The SP Performance Cheetah has been created to convert the car that everyone always wanted into a car every MGF owner dreams about. The Cheetah specification has developed to deliver ultimate drivability

SOME LUCKY PERSON MUST HAVE ONE OF THESE
[img]i54.tinypic.com/2hdto4p.jpg[/img]

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: mgf sp cheetah 13 years 5 months ago #18898

MY SON CAME ACROSS THIS TONIGHT HIS MG MAD TOO, ITS A MGF SP CHEETAH MADE AROUND 1998 AND COST A WHOPPING £30,000 . HERES A SELECTION OF WHATS IT ABOUT,

At SP we have really, really done it! We've gone and built the WORLD'S FIRST SUPERCHARGED MGF - THE CHEETAH!!

STUNNING LOOKS!!
The world famous automotive designer's KRAFTHAUS have restyled and enhanced the curvaceous MGF, revealing an aggressive, lower and wider stance. Masculine! Poised for Action!

AWESOME POWER!!
200 bhp is produced by the forced induction Rotrex Supercharger developed specifically for the CHEETAH by Turbo Technics. Check out the Cheetah's Full Specification

* 0-60 in 5.5 secs
* 0-100 in 12.9 secs

SP Performance exhaust system that sounds great and provides a 12% power increase @ 5,000rpm, over the standard mild steel system.

ULTIMATE HANDLING!!
Hydrogas Special Race Suspension to optimise handling, reducing roll & pitch sensitivity under braking - all without compromising ride quality.

Maximum Braking with competition discs, Mintex high-friction anti-fade brake pads & Bosch ABS system. This monster combination gives the driver complete control in harnessing the power of the Cheetah.

Beautiful 17" 5 spoke AZEV's come fitted with Ultra Low Profile A520 Yokohama's (215/40/17-front 215/45/17-rear)

The SP Performance Cheetah has been created to convert the car that everyone always wanted into a car every MGF owner dreams about. The Cheetah specification has developed to deliver ultimate drivability

I have an original body kit ready to be painted and after a few amendments to go on Meg!

The following user(s) said Thank You: bryan young

Last edit: Post by adamelphick.

Re: mgf sp cheetah 13 years 5 months ago #18899

STUNNING LOOKS!!

AWESOME POWER!!

* 0-60 in 5.5 secs
* 0-100 in 12.9 secs

ULTIMATE HANDLING!!

I have an original body kit ready to be painted and after a few amendments to go on Meg!

Soooooooo, just need the supercharger now then?
David
:shrug:

Re: mgf sp cheetah 13 years 5 months ago #18903

• rayb's Avatar Topic Author
  • rayb
  • Qualified MGer
  • Qualified MGer
it would be nice to see a original if theres any left
[img]i54.tinypic.com/2hdto4p.jpg[/img]

Re: mgf sp cheetah 13 years 5 months ago #18905

it would be nice to see a original if theres any left

The original green one from the SP trade stands in 1998 is no more - that's where my kit came from!

Re: mgf sp cheetah 13 years 5 months ago #18907

Is it wrong to say that it actually looks pretty good in the two tone on Meg? OK minus the black tape :)
Back with front wheel drive and 181HP at the wheels :)

Re: mgf sp cheetah 13 years 5 months ago #18917

Is it wrong to say that it actually looks pretty good in the two tone on Meg? OK minus the black tape :)

After seeing the pic of Meg with the stuck on kit, I have to agree with you.. She does look pretty neat two tone :)
Angel to Devil in 0.2 seconds...[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Oi, stop using foul language or I'll give you one!

Re: mgf sp cheetah 13 years 5 months ago #18918

Its a really nice kit, much better side skirts than the moto build one

only thing I found when I flare the back arches is unless you look at it striaght on from the side the wheels look lost, you might have to get the existing arches folded back an some fatter tyres or wheel spacers
Youtube channel of mods an track pics

http://www.youtube.com/user/busternorris?feature=mhum

Website: http://www.roughluckracing.com/ MG Rover Mobile Repairs Nationwide and Western Europe

Re: mgf sp cheetah 13 years 5 months ago #18975

I asked the question a while back and the consensus was it would be better all in Nightfire - but I am also kind of liking the two tone - it must be said!

Re: mgf sp cheetah 13 years 5 months ago #18977

only thing I found when I flare the back arches is unless you look at it striaght on from the side the wheels look lost, you might have to get the existing arches folded back an some fatter tyres or wheel spacers

Was thinking a few spacers may be in order!

Re: mgf sp cheetah 13 years 5 months ago #18979

Was thinking a few spacers may be in order!

Spacers! Wash your mouth out!:P
David
:shrug:

Re: mgf sp cheetah 13 years 5 months ago #18980

MS Hub adaptors will do the job, nearly 30mm out each side and allow you to change wheels too if you wanted

I've spun out a fare few times at 90+ an they still hold tight
Youtube channel of mods an track pics

http://www.youtube.com/user/busternorris?feature=mhum

Website: http://www.roughluckracing.com/ MG Rover Mobile Repairs Nationwide and Western Europe

Time to create page: 0.121 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT