Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

F to TF air intake box under bonnet 13 years 5 months ago #18585

I got a nice shiny TF air intake for under the bonnet - so I can get rid of the water trap F one on Meg... Needless to say it poured down today but.. I am sure there was a tutorial somewhere I've seen, but just cant find it through googling! Any help would be appreciated...

(Mines not new but good condition, so I'll be adding silicone to the foam surround when I put it on!)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by adamelphick.

Re: F to TF air intake box under bonnet 13 years 5 months ago #18597

I think the tutorial was on the MGOC website, but you need to be a member to view it now!
David
:shrug:

Re: F to TF air intake box under bonnet 13 years 5 months ago #18614

is this a problem on the mgf, as ive noticed water pools on my slampannel under the bonnet.
[img]i54.tinypic.com/2hdto4p.jpg[/img]

Re: F to TF air intake box under bonnet 13 years 5 months ago #18623

is this a problem on the mgf, as ive noticed water pools on my slampannel under the bonnet.

It is usually a problem associated with Mk 1 Fs. Water gets into the heater intake and ends up in the passenger footwell.
If you don't have a swimming pool in there, you're probably OK. ;)
David

Re: F to TF air intake box under bonnet 13 years 5 months ago #18637

OH MINES FINE, ITS THE SLAM PANEL WHATS COLLECTING WATER. IT RUNS OF THE BONNET THEN GAATHERS THERE, I WILL HAVE A CLOSER LOOK TOMOZ
[img]i54.tinypic.com/2hdto4p.jpg[/img]

Re: F to TF air intake box under bonnet 13 years 5 months ago #18647

I got a nice shiny TF air intake for under the bonnet - so I can get rid of the water trap F one on Meg... Needless to say it poured down today but.. I am sure there was a tutorial somewhere I've seen, but just cant find it through googling! Any help would be appreciated...

(Mines not new but good condition, so I'll be adding silicone to the foam surround when I put it on!)

Adam, i am a MGOC member and can get a copy of the article that was written by Roger Parker on how to replace the F airbox with a TF version. send me your email address to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. and i will email you the pdf file. i cannot post it on this site because it is the MGOC copyright and is intended for members use. :whistle:
The following user(s) said Thank You: David Aiketgate

Re: F to TF air intake box under bonnet 13 years 5 months ago #18655

Adam, i am a MGOC member and can get a copy of the article that was written by Roger Parker on how to replace the F airbox with a TF version. send me your email address to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. and i will email you the pdf file. i cannot post it on this site because it is the MGOC copyright and is intended for members use. :whistle:

Thanks Bryan -on its way! I will do one for here as I change things so it's public domain.

Re: F to TF air intake box under bonnet 13 years 5 months ago #18681

• cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.

i cannot post it on this site because it is the MGOC copyright and is intended for members use. :whistle:

How sad is that?
Well, I hope none of them use any of my stuff ;)

Re: F to TF air intake box under bonnet 13 years 5 months ago #18685

i cannot post it on this site because it is the MGOC copyright and is intended for members use. :whistle:

How sad is that?

Adam is going to modify it and post it up as a How to.......! dont get tetchy, both the MG owners club and the MG Car club are paranoid about copyright, but we can get round these things. :woohoo:

Re: F to TF air intake box under bonnet 13 years 5 months ago #18688

How sad is that?

Adam is going to modify it and post it up as a How to.......! dont get tetchy, both the MG owners club and the MG Car club are paranoid about copyright, but we can get round these things. :woohoo:

I'll use my own words and pictures... so no copyright issues.. assuming it stops raining I'll try to do it today - fingers crossed!

Re: F to TF air intake box under bonnet 13 years 5 months ago #18692

I like inventiveness. Nice one! ;)
David

Re: F to TF air intake box under bonnet 13 years 5 months ago #18693

It started bloody raining again and hasn't stopped! GRRRR :angry:

Last edit: Post by adamelphick.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.107 seconds