Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Re: F to TF air intake box under bonnet 13 years 5 months ago #18697

Adam I did this mod last winter,

I found the only way to get the old one off is to cut it, I tried various cutting methods, even down to the wife's secateurs, in my frustration. Perseverance is what's needed, oh and plenty of coffee too.

Putting the new one on is easier but not that easy to put the bolts in if I remember correctly some have captive nuts and others you need to put a nut on. If I remember right I ended up with one nut taped to a large flat screwdriver a real pig of a job but it sorts the water leaking problem out.

Oh and mine's a Mk II as long as it has the box shaped inlet it'll leak, particularly if you park it facing uphill.

Prior to refitting I would suggest ample mastic around the welded joints as nibe leaked there too.

Well documented on .org I think

If you need more help give me a shout I will pm you my moby number

Peter
Older but certainly not wiser!
The following user(s) said Thank You: David Aiketgate

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: F to TF air intake box under bonnet 13 years 5 months ago #18707

Adam I did this mod last winter,

I found the only way to get the old one off is to cut it, I tried various cutting methods, even down to the wife's secateurs, in my frustration. Perseverance is what's needed, oh and plenty of coffee too.

Putting the new one on is easier but not that easy to put the bolts in if I remember correctly some have captive nuts and others you need to put a nut on. If I remember right I ended up with one nut taped to a large flat screwdriver a real pig of a job but it sorts the water leaking problem out.

Oh and mine's a Mk II as long as it has the box shaped inlet it'll leak, particularly if you park it facing uphill.

Prior to refitting I would suggest ample mastic around the welded joints as nibe leaked there too.

Well documented on .org I think

If you need more help give me a shout I will pm you my moby number

Peter

Thanks Peter - copious amounts of mastic going on the seal don't worry! Never want to do it again EVER! LOL

Re: F to TF air intake box under bonnet 13 years 5 months ago #19031

Well managed to sort the air intake today! Woohoo

It started spitting as soon as I opened the bonnet so undeterred I got the garden brolly out and put it up and immediately the rain stopped LOL... I'll add the How To later!

Re: F to TF air intake box under bonnet 13 years 5 months ago #19032

Looks good!:cheer:
David
:shrug:

Re: F to TF air intake box under bonnet 13 years 5 months ago #19033

Plus a little extra is that although Meg's air-con is STILL only half installed I found the connector that powers up the front unit - and voila - recirculated air!

Re: F to TF air intake box under bonnet 13 years 5 months ago #19052

Plus a little extra is that although Meg's air-con is STILL only half installed I found the connector that powers up the front unit - and voila - recirculated air!

Air is good! Even recirculated.
David
:shrug:

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.091 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT