Sign In   Register

Topic

wow... new cams and ported head make one hell of a difference dont they? 13 years 9 months ago #15045

• 's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
so just had the car lowered with lowering knuckles, added Gaz adjustable dampers, had a Dave Andrews Ported and polished head, with 633 piper adjustable cams, new cat, 2 new lamda sensors, 2 new coil packs, new Trevor Taylor exhaust and what a totally different car the F is now...

bangs and pops like my lotus, and is a hell of a lot more agressive on full throttle...

great fun drive to work this morning with the roof off at 6:50am! lol!

muchos fun! i have missed the "midge"...

Please Log in to join the conversation.

wow... new cams and ported head make one hell of a difference dont they? 13 years 9 months ago #15046

• 's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
should add its not been rolling road set up yet, so there is definately more to come! (taking it to NT-R for rolling road tune ASAP, and its having a full Geo on thursday)...

any advice on brake disks and pads is appreciated too... will stick with stock sizes, but want better pads (thinking mintex 1144's) and new disks...

cheers!
Oz

wow... new cams and ported head make one hell of a difference dont they? 13 years 9 months ago #15055

should add its not been rolling road set up yet, so there is definately more to come! (taking it to NT-R for rolling road tune ASAP, and its having a full Geo on thursday)...

any advice on brake disks and pads is appreciated too... will stick with stock sizes, but want better pads (thinking mintex 1144's) and new disks...

cheers!
Oz

Ooh sounds good! Can't wait to see what the RR produces.
As to brakes, do you have the APs and 304mm discs at the front?
David
:shrug:

wow... new cams and ported head make one hell of a difference dont they? 13 years 9 months ago #15059

• 's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
no APs, just stock 118bhp car with auto box (its the wifes fun car which i use to commute...)
standard MGF...

Oz.

wow... new cams and ported head make one hell of a difference dont they? 13 years 8 months ago #15071

no APs, just stock 118bhp car with auto box (its the wifes fun car which i use to commute...)
standard MGF...

Oz.

Well, the standard upgrade is to fit 304mm discs and Aps, but that means 16" 11 spoke wheels or similar. Staying with 240mm discs, you can only really fit discs and pads to prevent brake fade or more aggressive pads like the Mintex.
Other than that ensuring that the calipers and discs are in tip-top order. Changing the brake fluid can also help.

I replaced all 4 calipers on ours and the brakes are noticeably better than previously.
David
:shrug:

wow... new cams and ported head make one hell of a difference dont they? 13 years 8 months ago #15080

what a totally different car the F is now....

i should bleeding well think so! dam good work mate, will look forward to the RR results!

i'm assuming your running 52mm TB, enclosed cone and such as well?

have you had the gearbox rebuilt? or is it running ok standard

your wifes one lucky lady :)
Teesside meet, open to all MG/Rs. 3rd Sunday of the month, ask for times and places!!!
"There's something about engines that calms me down"

wow... new cams and ported head make one hell of a difference dont they? 13 years 8 months ago #15091

• 's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

i should bleeding well think so! dam good work mate, will look forward to the RR results!

i'm assuming your running 52mm TB, enclosed cone and such as well?

have you had the gearbox rebuilt? or is it running ok standard

your wifes one lucky lady :)

induction is stock... had a new air filter, thats it... was thinking about a K&N pannel... still on the stock TB too... no point in the 52mm not going for power, just a smooth torque and power curve thats easy to drive for her...

just cant wait to start the V8 conversion on the lotus and get that up to 510bhp, 550lb/ft & 900kgs inc roll cage! that will be fun!!
total cost of conversion expected to be less than 5k...

wow... new cams and ported head make one hell of a difference dont they? 13 years 8 months ago #15092

standard MGF...

Oz.

I assume that's the Steptronic you've got? I would be carefull with how far you go with tuning, AFAIK the gearbox is already very close to it's limit with the standard car.

wow... new cams and ported head make one hell of a difference dont they? 13 years 8 months ago #15095

induction is stock... had a new air filter, thats it... was thinking about a K&N pannel... still on the stock TB too... no point in the 52mm not going for power, just a smooth torque and power curve thats easy to drive for her...

just cant wait to start the V8 conversion on the lotus and get that up to 510bhp, 550lb/ft & 900kgs inc roll cage! that will be fun!!
total cost of conversion expected to be less than 5k...

a 52mm TB will give you a much smoother throttle response and i'd suggest a TF airbox, (available for all of £30 which is bugger all after what youve spent) again not a huge increase in power but will make it a more enjoyable and smoother drive :)

V8? which lotus is it mate? should be interesting!
Teesside meet, open to all MG/Rs. 3rd Sunday of the month, ask for times and places!!!
"There's something about engines that calms me down"

wow... new cams and ported head make one hell of a difference dont they? 13 years 8 months ago #15096

• 's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

a 52mm TB will give you a much smoother throttle response and i'd suggest a TF airbox, (available for all of £30 which is bugger all after what youve spent) again not a huge increase in power but will make it a more enjoyable and smoother drive :)

V8? which lotus is it mate? should be interesting!

Lotus Excel....

here we are at brands hatch...

had the black stripe added when a friend of mine got killed driving his Honda'd Elise...

Should be fun! :)

wow... new cams and ported head make one hell of a difference dont they? 13 years 8 months ago #15097

• 's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

I assume that's the Steptronic you've got? I would be carefull with how far you go with tuning, AFAIK the gearbox is already very close to it's limit with the standard car.

Yeah this is why i dont want to go over about 135bhp...
seems to be handling it ok at the moment... Sounds AMAZING :)
Very please so far, dont want to do any more tuning on it if i can help it, just smooth out the power delivery so its easier on the gearbox and it ramps up power and torque gradually...

wow... new cams and ported head make one hell of a difference dont they? 13 years 8 months ago #15105

Wow, love the Excel, always fancied one of them but ended up with a 944 before the MGF. Sorry to hear about your friend though.

Time to create page: 0.107 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT