• Page:

Topic

Car audio? 13 years 9 months ago #14543

• kara's Avatar Topic Author
  • kara
  • Senior MGer
  • Senior MGer
Hi guys n gals!

Anyone know a good place other than Halfrauds to pick up a cd player? I'm after something not too pricey but nothing cheap with a name I've never heard of! :lol:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Car audio? 13 years 9 months ago #14544

• psymon
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • 2001 MGF 1.8 in MNX
Try these Guys. http://www.roadradio.com , Shops in Redhill and Crawley

Car audio? 13 years 9 months ago #14545

Hi guys n gals!

Anyone know a good place other than Halfrauds to pick up a cd player? I'm after something not too pricey but nothing cheap with a name I've never heard of!:lol:

I suppose that's Aldi out then?:dunno:
David
:shrug:

Car audio? 13 years 9 months ago #14546

Oi, Aldi radios are awesome. :p

I lurve mine. Blows head units that are twice to three times the price out the water.

Car audio? 13 years 9 months ago #14548

The Aldi/Lidl units get a good write up, excellent spec considering they are only around £50
MG TF LE500 27 of 500

Car audio? 13 years 9 months ago #14549

Oi, Aldi radios are awesome. :p

I lurve mine. Blows head units that are twice to three times the price out the water.

I agree:yesnod: but not a named brand, as such. You know these young girls with their must have names.:p Only joking Kara! You get a Gucci head unit if you want!:bye:
David

Car audio? 13 years 9 months ago #14555

We recently got head units from Halfords with USB etc on them. Should have bveen £180, but were half price so could still be worth going into one. (As much as I hate to admit I was in Halfords)

Car audio? 13 years 9 months ago #14556

Kara, I just got a Sony unit, from Argos Clearance on Ebay, with bluetooth etc. for £90. I needed the bluetooth as when I drive home from work in the evenings I am on call so need to be able to asnwer my moby. It works fine, even at about 60 mph with the hood down, I can be heard. Amazing really!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SONY-MEX-BT2700-BLUETOOTH-CAR-CD-RADIO-BT2700-NEW-/350358623745?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_Audio_TV_Electronics_In_Car_Entertainment_GPS_In_Car_Audio_Players_PP&hash=item5193005601

It suits me fine, my choice would be to find a unit that you want then try Amazon for a better deal! I have a spare Sony unit if you want it, just a basic one, cd/radio but no bells/whistles, was in the MGF when I got it. Yours for the price of P&P

Peter
Older but certainly not wiser!

Car audio? 13 years 9 months ago #14561

• gos
  • Qualified MGer
  • Qualified MGer
  • X Black Beauty X
I have the aldi one (tevion) and love it, bluetooth is awesome, sd card or usb connections too, sound is great for less than 50 quid.

it looks ok too;

Car audio? 13 years 9 months ago #14562

I have the aldi one (tevion) and love it, bluetooth is awesome, sd card or usb connections too, sound is great for less than 50 quid.

it looks ok too;

Agreed - Looks good George!:yesnod:
David

Car audio? 13 years 9 months ago #14582

• kara's Avatar Topic Author
  • kara
  • Senior MGer
  • Senior MGer

Try these Guys. http://www.roadradio.com , Shops in Redhill and Crawley

Oooh nice & local - thanks hun I'll check them out! :)

I agree:yesnod: but not a named brand, as such. You know these young girls with their must have names.:p Only joking Kara! You get a Gucci head unit if you want!:bye:

I never bought into the whole Gucci thing... now Marc Jacobs... well that's another story :cloud9:

We recently got head units from Halfords with USB etc on them. Should have bveen £180, but were half price so could still be worth going into one. (As much as I hate to admit I was in Halfords)

Agreed that's how I got my Pioneer one at a ridiculously cheap price... will definitely check in store - thanks mate! :thumbsup:

Kara, I just got a Sony unit, from Argos Clearance on Ebay, with bluetooth etc. for £90. I needed the bluetooth as when I drive home from work in the evenings I am on call so need to be able to asnwer my moby. It works fine, even at about 60 mph with the hood down, I can be heard. Amazing really!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/SONY-MEX-BT2700-BLUETOOTH-CAR-CD-RADIO-BT2700-NEW-/350358623745?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_Audio_TV_Electronics_In_Car_Entertainment_GPS_In_Car_Audio_Players_PP&hash=item5193005601

It suits me fine, my choice would be to find a unit that you want then try Amazon for a better deal! I have a spare Sony unit if you want it, just a basic one, cd/radio but no bells/whistles, was in the MGF when I got it. Yours for the price of P&P

Peter

Oooh thanks for the info mate! Will have a goosey! :) The only thing that gets me with the Sony units is some of them look a bit dated... then again it's the sound quality that is paramount!

it looks ok too;

I don't know... the bargain hunter in me says yes go for the aldi one but I'm such a sucker for well known brands when it comes to technology. Have you had any problems with it? Is the sound quality good?

Car audio? 13 years 9 months ago #14597

I don't know... the bargain hunter in me says yes go for the aldi one but I'm such a sucker for well known brands when it comes to technology. Have you had any problems with it? Is the sound quality good?

I've had an Aldi one in Meg since they first arrived (Older one than Gos's) and it sounds great and works a treat!

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.144 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT