Sign In   Register

Topic

Exciting Times 13 years 11 months ago #13346

For about eighteen months now I have been involved with a couple of engineers in developing a new cylinder head design for the K series engine. it utilises a different more efficient combustion chamber, with more radical porting. After months of work the prototype has been tested on the flow bench, with class leading results and has been dyno tested on the bench, and seems to do everything we intended if not more. Showing 145 bhp output using standard valves on an otherwise unmodified 1.8mpi running MEMS2.
I will in the next few weeks be fitting it to Silver Lady to see how it performs on the road, on an already heavily modified engine. I will be using it in various configurations but primarily the set up will be with a modified VVC intake manifold with increased volume and MEMS 3 using both 120 and 135 cams to get some idea of the drivability of both configurations.Finally it will be tested with my existing high lift cams and DTA ecu and mapped for absolute power to give a top line performance figure.
If all that goes according to plan we will be looking at putting them into production in the not too distant future. Would like to keep you all posted on developments over the coming weeks and months.
Chris

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Exciting Times 13 years 11 months ago #13348

Wow - sounds like a great future for the K Series engine - and the market is HUGE as it is in loads of models from Rover to Lotus!

Exciting Times 13 years 11 months ago #13350

Interesting stuff, Chris!:yesnod:

Basically then, you are getting VVC power levels from an MPi without the mechs. Is that right?
David
:shrug:

Exciting Times 13 years 11 months ago #13352

Interesting stuff, Chris!:yesnod:

Basically then, you are getting VVC power levels from an MPi without the mechs. Is that right?

Absolutely, obviously we need to be sure about long term reliability,but thats the numbers so far. Basically if all goes well we will invite a couple of people to do long term tests for us and see what that shows.
Chris

Exciting Times 13 years 11 months ago #13357

I'm with Adam - wow! You kept that one quiet! What incredible news!

Oh & let me know if you need a guinea pig! ;)

Exciting Times 13 years 11 months ago #13368

Sounds good - keep us updated:thumbsup:
MG TF LE500 27 of 500

Exciting Times 13 years 11 months ago #13369

I'm with Adam - wow! You kept that one quiet! What incredible news!

Oh & let me know if you need a guinea pig! ;)

You can go on the list :-)

Exciting Times 13 years 11 months ago #13372

• birks
  • Loves going topless!!!
Have to admit, most of that went straight over my head Chris...but hey, it sounded great!!

Well done!! :yesnod:

This girl doesn't mind getting her hands dirty !!! :lol:

Exciting Times 13 years 11 months ago #13373

Well done, tried to give a constructive reply and offer my car for trial ant this website will not let me reply !!!!!! frustrated Bryan

Exciting Times 13 years 11 months ago #13376

Well done for this :D
FM :rolleyes:

Exciting Times 13 years 11 months ago #13377

On my VVC I have a flowed and ported Trophy160 head, using a Piper fast road cam with Dave Andrews dowels but as my funds did not run to an upgraded MEMS I have used a FSE FPR resulting in 175hp. I would think the 135 cams would work very well. I look forward to your results as the reason I have sold my TF 135 was the lack of power, compared to the free reving VVC engine, before even fitting the above. I would buy another TF 135 if I could get at least 160hp from it just by modifing the head.

Exciting Times 13 years 11 months ago #13395

well that sounds very interesting...........

Chris, you can have mine anytime as a test bed ;)

Time to create page: 0.151 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT