Sign In   Register

Topic

Exciting Times 13 years 8 months ago #15493

Sounds good Chris!
Looking forward to seeing the RR results.:yesnod:

ps You missed a good run out on Saturday.:)

Sad about missing the run but just got back from holiday, and racing in Germany and Belgium.
Mmmm Nurburgring
Chris

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Exciting Times 13 years 8 months ago #15494

Sad about missing the run but just got back from holiday, and racing in Germany and Belgium.
Mmmm Nurburgring
Chris

Ooh, any photos?
David
:shrug:

Exciting Times 13 years 8 months ago #15496

Ooh, any photos?

Lots of in car video, crap sound due to no sound deadening in the Porsche,overpowering engine noise and every bang and rattle.
Chris

Exciting Times 13 years 8 months ago #15497

Very very impressive :yesnod: Any ideas on a rough price? I would imagine it's too late to offer my car as a test bed (plus that fact it's a VVC) but will keep following this one closely :)

Exciting Times 13 years 8 months ago #15498

Very very impressive :yesnod: Any ideas on a rough price? I would imagine it's too late to offer my car as a test bed (plus that fact it's a VVC) but will keep following this one closely :)

About £900 +vat is what we are aiming for

Exciting Times 13 years 7 months ago #15547

About £900 +vat is what we are aiming for

me thinks you may need to increase the size of your inbox! 135 engine to more power and vastly more torque than a 160 engine for 900 quid?!

i can imagine a fair few ZR and ZS guys been interested in this as well chris :)
Teesside meet, open to all MG/Rs. 3rd Sunday of the month, ask for times and places!!!
"There's something about engines that calms me down"

Exciting Times 13 years 6 months ago #16288

Yesterday Adam MGTF came to visit me to see how the war wounds are healing, and I took the opportunity to take him out for a little blast of top down motoring seeing he is confined to a tin top. It is the first time he has had a chance to pop over since the head, race cams and mappable ecu have been fitted to the Silver Lady. It was sunny and a good excuse. Well after about 10 miles of shall we call it spirited driving Adams smile stretched so far it met at the back of his neck, the yowl from the exhaust as I down shifted under a railway bridge seemed to please too. we also had a bit of fun with a Golf GTI which although trying very hard couldnt get away from us. On the way back I nailed the throttle and the new head and cams really started to strut their stuff. With 92 ;);) coming up in 4th gear at 6000 rpm with of course two gears left.Not going to quote power outputs yet, apart from its a hundred and a lot bhp, because I need to finish tweeking the map. Not bad for a humble Stepspeed!:yesnod:
Chris
First production batch of heads is due in the New Year

Exciting Times 13 years 6 months ago #16298

Yesterday Adam MGTF came to visit me to see how the war wounds are healing, and I took the opportunity to take him out for a little blast of top down motoring seeing he is confined to a tin top. It is the first time he has had a chance to pop over since the head, race cams and mappable ecu have been fitted to the Silver Lady. It was sunny and a good excuse. Well after about 10 miles of shall we call it spirited driving Adams smile stretched so far it met at the back of his neck, the yowl from the exhaust as I down shifted under a railway bridge seemed to please too. we also had a bit of fun with a Golf GTI which although trying very hard couldnt get away from us. On the way back I nailed the throttle and the new head and cams really started to strut their stuff. With 92 ;);) coming up in 4th gear at 6000 rpm with of course two gears left.Not going to quote power outputs yet, apart from its a hundred and a lot bhp, because I need to finish tweeking the map. Not bad for a humble Stepspeed!:yesnod:
Chris
First production batch of heads is due in the New Year

All done on private roads, of course!
David

Exciting Times 13 years 6 months ago #16304

All done on private roads, of course!

Of course

Chris

Exciting Times 13 years 6 months ago #16312

Of course

Chris

Metric after all 92 ;) Kph is perfectly legal
Youtube channel of mods an track pics

http://www.youtube.com/user/busternorris?feature=mhum

Website: http://www.roughluckracing.com/ MG Rover Mobile Repairs Nationwide and Western Europe

Exciting Times 13 years 6 months ago #16317

Impressive results, could be the ideal upgrade on my LE500 when the warranty is up.
MG TF LE500 27 of 500

Exciting Times 13 years 6 months ago #16318

Have the chinese given up on their engine upgrade package?
David

Time to create page: 0.132 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT