Sign In   Register

Topic

how did you end up with.. 10 years 6 months ago #130453

the only problem is the missus refuses to go in it saying it's too low & I drive too fast :bust:

You say that like it's a bad thing??? :lol: :coat:
"Keep calm, relax, focus on the problem & PULL THE BLOODY TRIGGER"

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:how did you end up with.. 10 years 6 months ago #130459

• bacchus
  • Qualified MGer
  • Qualified MGer
  • Food, Photography & Little British Sports Cars
I wanted an MG ever since I used to play in my brother-in-laws MGA when I was about 7 or 8 years old in the mid 70's. I didn't end up getting one until my father passed away in 2005 and I used some of the inheritance to buy my 1969 MGB. Dad's last trip was in that MGB when my sister and I took his ashes to scatter them in the Derwent River where we had scattered Mum's ashes a couple of years before. Fast forward to 2008 and I decided that I needed a cheaper car to run to work and back than my Nissan Navara STR 3.0 turbo diesel and I thought why not an F. I found several prospects in and around Sydney, so I fly up to look and when I got to this one that was it, I was hooked. The rest as they say is history and I'm now the owner of one MGF and one and a half MGB's.

Craig
The following user(s) said Thank You: really?

how did you end up with.. 10 years 6 months ago #130461

I always wanted a MGB and came close to buying one several times. Cancer caused the loss of several mates and gave me a push to get on with life. Looked around and thought about a F , eventually went and looked at one and was "smitten" by it. Love driving it, most fun in a car I have ever had,(except when I was teenager) :yesnod:

[IMG]ht[/img]
Attachments:

how did you end up with.. 10 years 6 months ago #130480

My first car was a brand-new MGB, bought out of the showroom with the proceeds of my first job. Since then I have owned other MGBs and GTs, MGAs, including a Twin-Cam and a series of ZA and ZB Magnettes, the last of which ended up supercharged wit 4-wheel disc brakes. Like many here, while the kids were growing up cars became just boring transportation, and I spent many years driving boring family cars and work trucks for my lock business.
In the quest for a pension, before it was too late, I sold my business and went to work for the government. I sold my service van (After 15 years of driving one) and looked for a sports car. I bought a very early rust-free TR7 FHC and over a period of a couple of years of work got it into reliable shape, but wanted something more modern. About that time the MGF became eligible for import into Canada so I took the plunge and bought one off E-Bay.uk. The car was cheap enough but shipping cost me $5000. :pinch: and the car took 3 months to get here. I spent a couple of years sorting that car out and spending far too much money on it when my mate mentioned that he had been bidding on an orange VVC at the Tokyo Auto Auction but had ended up with two of them, both totally rust free and low mileage. I managed to talk him into parting with one, and sold off my earlier MGF. So I am now the proud owner of a 1997 VGF-VVC with just over 50,000km on the clock.
I couldn't be happier...short of winning the lottery!

Last edit: Post by Rich in Vancouver.

how did you end up with.. 10 years 6 months ago #130833

I simply wanted a mid engine sports car, I had loads of k series engine rovers so I like to think I am bit of an expert so MGF was a sensible choice saw one at the right price and colour BRG,

Re:how did you end up with.. 10 years 6 months ago #130880

I'd been made redundant and got a pretty good payout, a few days later a really nice MG F turned up at a car sales place down the road from me. I thought to myself if I still have the money when I get a job, that car is mine, not expecting tit to be there by the time I actually got a job.

Well, I got a job, it was still there, I had the money and bought it.

However 3 weeks later it was hit from behind and the damage was fatal :( I decided to get another there and then and as it happened there was an MG TF for sale again near me. I bought it and still have it and would not part with it without a fight.

I'm after an MG ZR now to go with it, something for next year me thinks

Time to create page: 0.111 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT