Sign In   Register

Topic

Re: London 2012 Seeks Drivers and their vehicles for O 12 years 3 months ago #36197

Runs up in the Lake District though - I'm up for that :D

I knew there was a positive to the games!
The following user(s) said Thank You: David Aiketgate

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: London 2012 Seeks Drivers and their vehicles for O 12 years 3 months ago #36205

:rant: :rant: AND I THOUGHT IT WAS A GOOD IDEA TO POST INFORMATION ABOUT THIS ONCE IN A LIFETIME CHANCE!!!!!!

Please dont shoot the messenger :omg:

Re: London 2012 Seeks Drivers and their vehicles for O 12 years 3 months ago #36206

Sorry, Bryan... :coat:
David
:shrug:

Re: London 2012 Seeks Drivers and their vehicles for O 12 years 3 months ago #36212

• birks
  • Loves going topless!!!

:rant: :rant: AND I THOUGHT IT WAS A GOOD IDEA TO POST INFORMATION ABOUT THIS ONCE IN A LIFETIME CHANCE!!!!!!

Please dont shoot the messenger :omg:

As I said, part of me would LOVE to show Ophelia off to the world, I'm sure people would love her, I get (nice) comments about her colour every time I go out in her...it's just the rehearsals that stop me taking it seriously...we're just too far away to commit to that :(

I AM proud that we're hosting such a prestigous event, but just wish the media would stop saying ENGLAND will benefit when they mean LONDON

This girl doesn't mind getting her hands dirty !!! :lol:
The following user(s) said Thank You: bryan young

Re: London 2012 Seeks Drivers and their vehicles for O 12 years 3 months ago #36215

• PQD44
  • Master MGer
  • Master MGer
  • It's only the first 100 years that are difficult
Can we please stop this negativity

:yesnod:

This is an event which will be seen around the world

An opportunity to showcase the UK

and all it has to offer

The organisers have worked so hard for years preparing for this event

They have even produced a map for visitors using their extensive knowledge of the country.....

:P
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: David Aiketgate, birks, Tsleight

Last edit: Post by PQD44.

Re: London 2012 Seeks Drivers and their vehicles for O 12 years 3 months ago #36233

Hey David,

My wife and I are coming to England and France for two weeks in July of this year. We have a couple days free between visiting friends in Northampton and Evesham. What are the attractions of the Cumbria area? I truly know nothing about the area.

Mark
Mark
95 MGF

Re: London 2012 Seeks Drivers and their vehicles for O 12 years 3 months ago #36239

Wow, where do I start?

The Lake District, the most beautiful area in England.

More castles than you could wish for - e.g Carlisle Castle - present castle was started by King David 1st of Scotland and completed by King William 2nd Rufus of England in 1083. Used to house Mary Queen of Scots whilst Elizabeth1st decided what to do with her.

Carlisle Cathedral has the 3rd biggest East window in the world, the cathedral was partly demolished to rebuild the City walls to keep out rampaging Scotsmen in 1745/6, when Carlisle changed hands between Scottish and English forces and back several times. Now the cathedral looks really odd because a great part of it was not rebuilt.

The site of the first letter box in the world, designed by Anthony Trollope, the author, who lived in the county.
Beatrix Potter's house
John Ruskin's house
William Wordsworth's house
The Roman Wall built from the West to the East coast to keep the troublesome Picts out of Roman Britain in 2nd century.

Roman forts, including Vindolanda, Housteads, the most complete Roman age forts still around.

Check out this website

And, of course, me. :bust:
David
:shrug:

Re: London 2012 Seeks Drivers and their vehicles for O 12 years 3 months ago #36241

• PQD44
  • Master MGer
  • Master MGer
David I would say it looks like a July Border Patrol run with special guests being chauffeur F driven may be on the cards.
Saul can sit this one out and we can share the driving Mark. I'm sure there will be plenty of volunteers to act as tour guide for Mrs mowog73 too. :thumbsup:

This is a serious offer Mark

Last edit: Post by PQD44.

Re: London 2012 Seeks Drivers and their vehicles for O 12 years 3 months ago #36248

Tentative free days are" Thursday and Friday, July 5 and 6. We are planning to attend the Northants MGOC's Wednesday evening meeting with your friend Roger. Take off Thursday morning for where ever. Saturday morning meet a friend in Coventry, who used to work for Standard Triumph /BL.
I'll talk to Judy about this over the weekend.
Mark
95 MGF

Last edit: Post by mowog73.

Re: London 2012 Seeks Drivers and their vehicles for O 12 years 3 months ago #36249

• Visitor
  • Visitor
I wonder if it will be the AA or RAC in attendance for the 12 rehearsals ;)

Re: London 2012 Seeks Drivers and their vehicles for O 12 years 3 months ago #36253

Mark, considering the cost of rail tickets in the UK, the best approach would be to hire a small car. Although the train will be quicker to get between major cities If you have to go between airport, Evesham, Coventry and Cumbria i would try and get a deal on a car.

IMO

T

Re: London 2012 Seeks Drivers and their vehicles for O 12 years 3 months ago #36254

• PQD44
  • Master MGer
  • Master MGer

What would be quicker from Cumbria to Coventry, rail or car?

Assuming Penrith to Coventry, they are about the same on paper, 3 hours 15 mins.
The road journey will be very much dictated by traffic and thinking of a Friday evening in July I would say you should add an hour or two to that.

Perhaps with a busy schedule and lots of driving on the day a train back could be quite relaxing.

Time to create page: 0.128 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT