Sign In   Register

Topic

London 2012 Seeks Drivers and their vehicles for O 12 years 3 months ago #36134

London 2012 Seeks Drivers and their vehicles for Olympic Ceremonies

Just had a flyer from MGOC asking for the above, very late , i know, but applications must be in by 18 January 2012 :omg:

Email your details and a photo to This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. and be prepared to do up to 12 rehersals :omg:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by bryan young.

Re: London 2012 Seeks Drivers and their vehicles for O 12 years 3 months ago #36144

(RANT ON)
I'll pass on this... and on the whole over-bloated over-expensive exercise in London-ocentric hysteria. :rant:

Sorry, but I am fed up with the hypocrisy over throwing billions down this pointless black hole, while strangling the life out of most of the population! :rant:

I am fed up with people trying to convince the rest of the population how they will benefit, when the only benefits, if any, will be to London.

(London. whose residents have more public(our) money spent on them than the other 50 million British residents who don't live there! :yesnod: )

Someone please tell me how will Cumbria (insert other county here) benefit?
(RANT OFF) :coat:
David
:shrug:
The following user(s) said Thank You: rog1963

Re: London 2012 Seeks Drivers and their vehicles for O 12 years 3 months ago #36156

• PQD44
  • Master MGer
  • Master MGer
  • It's only the first 100 years that are difficult
How will Cumbria benefit....... easy, the roads of the Lake District will this summer be a lot more congested than usual and it will take you twice as long to get anywhere. You will be so fed up with this that you will refrain from going out, thus saving money on petrol and dining out expenses. :P

Re: London 2012 Seeks Drivers and their vehicles for O 12 years 3 months ago #36163

I know its a bit off topic, however,I did try and refrain from getting into this topic, however David's comment just got me going......

I live 4 miles from the Mountain bike track ( in fact I have crashed around most of it for the last 10 years) and have tried unsuccessfully to see this as an Olympic event, after 2 ticketing bids I got nothing for any event. However, the local paper is stating that you can now buy tickets for the mountain biking for £500/ticket. Bearing in mind this event is situated on a hill in some fields near the Thames - hardly a VIP ticket.

Grrrrr....... sounds like the usual rip off! We are going to be stiffed as tax payers for years to pay for this jamboree and there will be no legacy outside of the East End of London. Expect a dump of tickets on the market a few weeks before when the organisers realise "real" sports fans cannot or will not pay the bloated ticket prices and the collapsed Corporate sponsorship deals result in gaps in the stadium.

Since, nobody in the South East will be able to travel or get to work, I am leaving for Italy on vacation. I'll watch my local cycling on Eurosport with a glass of wine in hand whilst I can still afford to. Before returning to see more gross financial mismanagement of UK PLC and see how much more my tax bill will be to pay for the debacle, allegedly we are in austere times.

I am with David, there will be no benefit to anybody except the UK sportsmen and women who take part and the inflated ego driven Politicians who signed us up to it! :rant:

end of my rant... Blood pressure is coming down and Karma has returned :pinch:
The following user(s) said Thank You: rog1963

Re: London 2012 Seeks Drivers and their vehicles for O 12 years 3 months ago #36169

In reply to Paul's :P deadly serious reply, ;)
It is a fact that the Tourist industry of Cumbria (almost our only industry) is dreading the Olympics, they anticipate a dearth of international tourists in the Lake District during this coming Summer, as they are attracted to the London jamboree instead of up here.

And to me, personally and selfishly, that is actually a real benefit, :yesnod: but I don't run a business dependent on tourism. :nonod:
Look forward to some good runs in the Lakes, though! :thumbsup:
David

Re: London 2012 Seeks Drivers and their vehicles for O 12 years 3 months ago #36171

• PQD44
  • Master MGer
  • Master MGer
  • It's only the first 100 years that are difficult

Look forward to some good runs in the Lakes, though! :thumbsup:

:yesnod: Amen to that :yesnod:

I

Re: London 2012 Seeks Drivers and their vehicles for O 12 years 3 months ago #36177

• cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.
I wonder if after the 12 rehearsals and actual event you will then get hit with a bill for your congestion charge. ;)

Re: London 2012 Seeks Drivers and their vehicles for O 12 years 3 months ago #36183

(RANT ON)
I'll pass on this... and on the whole over-bloated over-expensive exercise in London-ocentric hysteria. :rant:

Sorry, but I am fed up with the hypocrisy over throwing billions down this pointless black hole, while strangling the life out of most of the population! :rant:

I am fed up with people trying to convince the rest of the population how they will benefit, when the only benefits, if any, will be to London.

(London. whose residents have more public(our) money spent on them than the other 50 million British residents who don't live there! :yesnod: )

Someone please tell me how will Cumbria (insert other county here) benefit?
(RANT OFF) :coat:

David you have missed the most important point.....IT IS SOOOOOO BL**DY BORING!!!!!!!!!

Re: London 2012 Seeks Drivers and their vehicles for O 12 years 3 months ago #36185

Yes John. You're right. :yesnod:
I'm sick of hearing about it too!
David

Re: London 2012 Seeks Drivers and their vehicles for O 12 years 3 months ago #36190

Just to join David's bandwagon! There was some politician on the news the other morning telling tax payers not to worry about the cost of the Olympics because London had been rebuilt! Argh!!!! Bloody London...
[img]i54.tinypic.com/2hdto4p.jpg[/img]

Re: London 2012 Seeks Drivers and their vehicles for O 12 years 3 months ago #36193

• birks
  • Loves going topless!!!
I'm also fed up with hearing about it...but only because it's all about London

half of me would love to drive in this ceremony in Ophelia, but 12 rehearsals in London??? Think I'll pass too!!!

This girl doesn't mind getting her hands dirty !!! :lol:

Re: London 2012 Seeks Drivers and their vehicles for O 12 years 3 months ago #36194

• cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.
Here's a one to think about if you are a cynic like me.

There has been a huge push to make subletting your council house out illegal (funny, I thought it already was illegal).

This, apparently, is to stop the naughty people committing fraud and stealing money from us, the taxpayer.

Why, all of a sudden, is this such a priority when it has been going on for years.

Could it be a total coincidence that it has become such a priority at exactly the same time as rich property owners are looking at renting out their properties (one has been priced at £37500 a week) around the ever consuming olympic areas?

I would hate to suggest that these rich landowners have put pressure on to clamp down on the opposition which could undercut them.

Time to create page: 0.145 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT