Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Ring/bezel for N/S fog light for MGF 1 year 1 week ago #201708

I'm looking for the finishing ring/bezel for the near side fog light. Mine must have fallen off somewhere.
I have a picture of the one on the other side for reference. Any colour will do. Thanks.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by Cobber.

Ring/bezel for N/S fog light for MGF 1 year 1 week ago #201710

• Bertl
  • in the middle of the midlife crisis
part number DXB100540 / DXB100550.
Seems not to be available from the usual suspects, fingers crossed you find a good used part!
as ever,
Rob
http://www.reliant-scimitar.weebly.com/

Ring/bezel for N/S fog light for MGF 1 year 1 week ago #201711

Thanks Bertl but who would the usual suspects be? Rimmers don't have them.

Ring/bezel for N/S fog light for MGF 1 year 1 week ago #201717

One technique you might consider is a ruse I have used from time to time & with an acceptable rate of success; trawl eBay etc for "breaking for parts" listings. You should be able to see from the pictures whether the car has the parts you require & it's an easy job to approach the seller. I've ended up having to buy more stuff than I have needed but those bits go straight back on eBay & I've even come out on top & with money jingling in my pocket just waiting to be squandered on other stuff.
Best of luck.

Ring/bezel for N/S fog light for MGF 1 year 1 week ago #201719

Thanks for that input. You can be sure that I'll be looking at this in all directions but it looks like they are quite hard to find so I search on.

Re:Ring/bezel for N/S fog light for MGF 1 year 3 days ago #201849

Hi
Could someone scan these increasingly hard to find parts and 3D print? Ash

Sent from my SM-S908B using Tapatalk

Re:Ring/bezel for N/S fog light for MGF 1 year 3 days ago #201852

Hi

These and the fog light mounts are the sort of parts that are made of unobtainium, but would be easy to 3D scan and print.
The other thing that would be handy for fitting these would be a copy of the fitting instructions, the cutting template in particular.
Though I suspect all of those would’ve been thrown out or fallen to bits long ago.

Salad Dodger, you could take the one from the other side and have it 3D scanned, then they can flip it over on the computer to give the correct coordinates for the opposite side then they can 3D print that.
"Keep calm, relax, focus on the problem & PULL THE BLOODY TRIGGER"

Last edit: Post by Cobber.

Re:Ring/bezel for N/S fog light for MGF 1 year 2 days ago #201853

The other thing that would be handy for fitting these would be a copy of the fitting instructions, the cutting template in particular.

I do not know if you had a chance to look at this thread: https://www.the-t-bar.com/forum/roverlike-s-guides/97883-mg-f-tf-front-fogs-parts-wiring-diagram-installation-guides

Last edit: Post by Roverlike.

Re:Ring/bezel for N/S fog light for MGF 1 year 2 days ago #201854

Hi

These and the fog light mounts are the sort of parts that are made of unobtainium, but would be easy to 3D scan and print.
Though I suspect all of those would’ve been thrown out or fallen to bits long ago.

Salad Dodger, you could take the one from the other side and have it 3D scanned, then they can flip it over on the computer to give the correct coordinates for the opposite side then they can 3D print that.

I did actually find someone who has indeed 3D printed these fog light trim rings but they sell them for around £35 each which I think is a bit expensive though I doubt they sell many of them due to there not being many cars that actually have them fitted. If you look at it in the way that some buyers would need two of them, it does make it a bit of an outlay for many owners. I had a hard job to even find a replacement fog light. Even when I found one it wasn't the same as mine. It required a different bulb so I changed the connection plug to suit.
This is the link for the 3D printed rings: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Re:Re:Ring/bezel for N/S fog light for MGF 1 year 2 days ago #201857

Hi
When my fog lights were fitted the rings wouldn't sit flush. I painted them with a rattle can but the paint chipped off on the roads of Norway. I decided to have it painted professionally. I added a splitter which has the fog light surround built in. (The splitter needs painting again after it was damaged getting it off a load loader - happening soon I hope)

The splitter is available to order but you need a long sit down when you see the price! £70 for a pair of rings looks cheap. It is an alternative though. Search "mgf front splitter m100"

Ash

Attachments:

Last edit: Post by Bertl. Reason: pic inserted

Re:Re:Ring/bezel for N/S fog light for MGF 1 year 2 days ago #201859

Hi Ash. That depends n what position your life is in. I'm 72 and a pensioner so £70 is an expense in the "wrong" direction.
We have owned this MGF for a long time now and its just sod's law that ours has fog lights that most other MGFs don't have.
I'll find one in the end. It just take's time.

Re:Re:Re:Ring/bezel for N/S fog light for MGF 1 year 2 days ago #201860

Hi
What I meant was £70 is expensive but the splitter like mine is £200! I am sure I paid about half that.

I guess you could remove the fog lights, sell off the kit and buy a used front bumper with no holes in it. It will change the face and if you have had it a long time changing its face might not be palletable.

Take care

Ash

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.150 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT