• Page:

Topic

Christmas Pressie 5 years 3 months ago #189054

Cheers John.

Appreciate your welcome.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Christmas Pressie 5 years 3 months ago #189055

Hello and :welcome: Brian.
Any chance of a photo of your pride and joy.

Christmas Pressie 5 years 3 months ago #189058

Oh yes , we love pictures. :woohoo:

Christmas Pressie 5 years 3 months ago #189062

Hi and welcome Brian,

just wondered why you came to a decision to do sound proofing of your TF?
and what areas of the cars noise are annoying you.
Do you have many rattles and squeaks present when driving that you have noticed so far?

Regards

Mike

Christmas Pressie 5 years 3 months ago #189063

Hi Bob,

Thanks for the welcome.

I was hoping to get some photo's before I garaged the TF, but the cr**py weather up North put paid to that.

I've already begun the underside rebuild i.e new mounts etc so photo's will have to wait until it's back on its wheels.

Brian

Christmas Pressie 5 years 3 months ago #189064

Hi Mike,

How long have you got😃

I always knew that the TF was going to be noisy but this one is loud! even allowing for the sports exhaust that's been fitted.

I'll hopefully be taking noise readings (for reference) once its mechanically rebuilt and back on the road, before deciding which approach to take with the sound proofing. This may just result in damping down the misc' rattles within the cheap panels or I may take it a step further and go for a more detailed attenuated approach.

Brian

Christmas Pressie 5 years 3 months ago #189102

Well, just thought I'd update on how well :nonod: the work has been going over the past week or so with my Christmas Pressie..

First though I must thank all the contributors to the How To guides as they have saved me from much cursing during my adventures!

I assume that this is typical with TF's but the moment I started work on some of the more simple tasks I discovered that there was more challenges hiding behind each task.

First discovery when assessing how to fit the new St Stl front mounts was that someone in their infinite wisdom (or maybe to get through the recent MOT) had painted over, with bitumen seal, various holes in the wishbones along with masking holes in the rubber boots on some of the ball joints!

So the shopping list has now grown ever so slightly to include:
Front Wishbones.
TRE's
Front Ball joints.

But at least I've changed the badly corroded coolant pipes and stripped off all the ARB's etc ready for stripping and powder coating.

I can certainly see how it can become an addiction trying to keep a TF on the road and I have to admire all of you out there who have gone through the pain barrier every time an MOT is due.

Be back to you later when I've discovered more of my TF's hidden mysteries.

Squashman56
The following user(s) said Thank You: sworkscooper

Last edit: Post by psymon.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.106 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT