Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Newbie from Liverpool! 5 years 10 months ago #186718

Well I am saying hello to all and this by my introduction.

I am mature person living on the outskirts of Liverpool and been driving for 40 years.

Back in the early 2000's, I had previously owned a MG ZR (1800cc/135hp) from new for three years and then purchase a silver grey 03 plate MG TF (1800cc/135hp) which I kepted for 30 months but was getting expensive to keep as some members will realise, you need a second car as a run about. Harsh reality eventually, this could not carry one and eventually both went and became a Volvo man!! Present car is a V60 - lovely beast!

Regardless, I always enjoying driving both MG's and vowed one day, I would get another MG TF (1800cc/135hp) and this happened about 15 months ago. Sadly just over a year ago, it failed it's MOT test, due to corroded front wishbones! I made a decision that rather than replacing the wishbones, it would be cheaper (in the long run) to replace the whole front subframe instead. However, not having the money at the time to do it, the car has remained idle and under a car cover on my drive way with the intention of getting it back on the road as soon as possible. This time has come and hopefully in the next month or two, this will happen.

Now you realise, I am starting again and clearly seeking words of wisdom and advice from fellow members to help me to acheive my goal. In the next day or two, I will take the opportunity to look around the forum in the various sections and see what information is available. But don't be surprised however, if some questions will be coming your way for advice and information. Hopefully you will help?

Thank you for taking your time in reading this introduction.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Newbie from Liverpool! 5 years 10 months ago #186719

Nice introduction hello and :welcome:

Lots of members have done the front subframe, there's a how to in that section of the forum.
I did my wishbones a couple of years back you have to drop the subframe a little so changing it would probably be a good idea while you're there.

Newbie from Liverpool! 5 years 10 months ago #186720

:welcome:
The following user(s) said Thank You: DougBrum

Newbie from Liverpool! 5 years 10 months ago #186723

:welcome: :welcome: :welcome:
Robin ;)

Newbie from Liverpool! 5 years 10 months ago #186724

Welcome to the bar! Great forum with some awesome members, its a great place to discuss our beloved cars!

Sundance

Newbie from Liverpool! 5 years 10 months ago #186726

Nice introduction hello and :welcome:
Lots of members have done the front subframe, there's a how to in that section of the forum.
I did my wishbones a couple of years back you have to drop the subframe a little so changing it would probably be a good idea while you're there.

Hi. Thank you for your welcome and additional information. Yes that was my thinking and something that will carried out by a third party. My days of tinkering with cars are history I'm afraid. I will raise some questions in due course with regards to getting the car back on the road .

Newbie from Liverpool! 5 years 10 months ago #186730

• Bertl
  • in the middle of the midlife crisis
Welcome aboard!

as ever,
Rob
http://www.reliant-scimitar.weebly.com/

Newbie from Liverpool! 5 years 10 months ago #186732

:welcome: from John in Pudsey Yorkshire.

Newbie from Liverpool! 5 years 10 months ago #186733

:welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: from ellesmereport

Newbie from Liverpool! 5 years 10 months ago #186740

Welcome from red hot..scorching stoke on trent

Newbie from Liverpool! 5 years 10 months ago #186745

:welcome2:
David
:shrug: