• Page:

Topic

Long time no see 9 years 8 months ago #150727

• alias's Avatar Topic Author
  • alias
  • Time served MGer
  • Time served MGer
Hello,

Its been a few years now since I've been on here. Some of you may remember me, or more specifically my blue MGF called Flopsy, who was normally broken in some way or other. :hgf: Flopsy was sold a few years ago and since then, we've had a few fun and a few rubbish cars between us.

We've realised we miss the social life, runs, meets and fun of owning an F/TF, so we're now thinking of looking for one to replace an automatic Yaris (we were given it, so don't criticise the car choice).

Just thought I should really say hello, and hopefully there will be pictures of a new car in the coming months :woohoo:

Soph
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:Long time no see 9 years 8 months ago #150728

• PQD44
  • Master MGer
  • Master MGer
  • It's only the first 100 years that are difficult
Welcome back Soph!

I have three cars to choose from to use on my daily commute but it's the MGF that I always end up in. I reckon when you get your new one you'll fall in love with it, especially as you now know what to look for.

Good luck in your search and hope to see you on a run soon.

Paul

Re:Long time no see 9 years 8 months ago #150729

• alias
  • Time served MGer
  • Time served MGer

Welcome back Soph!

I have three cars to choose from to use on my daily commute but it's the MGF that I always end up in. I reckon when you get your new one you'll fall in love with it, especially as you now know what to look for.

Good luck in your search and hope to see you on a run soon.

Paul

Thank you Paul :)

If all goes to plan, we'll have the reliable and economical (tuned) Civic for longer journeys or times where we have to carry something bigger than a shoe in the boot... and the MG for those days when we want some fun, adventure or to spend some time broken on the side of the road! :clap:

We're looking for a TF 160, and have around £2000 to spend, so if anyone knows of a well loved one for sale, please let us know.

Re:Long time no see 9 years 8 months ago #150731

• bacchus
  • Qualified MGer
  • Qualified MGer
  • Food, Photography & Little British Sports Cars
Hello and welcome back Soph.

Re:Long time no see 9 years 8 months ago #150732

• alias
  • Time served MGer
  • Time served MGer

Hello and welcome back Soph.

Thank you Bacchus :)

Re:Long time no see 9 years 8 months ago #150733

:welcome2: again Sophie!

Good to hear that the joys of MG ownership are calling you again. I look forward to seeing Flopsie the second!
Are you looking for a particular colour?
David
:shrug:

Last edit: Post by David Aiketgate.

Re:Long time no see 9 years 8 months ago #150735

• alias
  • Time served MGer
  • Time served MGer

:welcome2: again Sophie!

Good to hear that the joys of MG ownership are calling you again. I look forward to seeing Flopsie the second!
Are you looking for a particular colour?

Hi David,

Thank you :)

I've got no colour preference, but if we can afford it then I'd like a TF 160. Between Flopsy and the Civic I've got now, I did have a Clio 172, which is why I'd like a 160 if I can get my hands on one... although I know my budget might not be high enough.

I'd rather it doesn't turn into Flopsy #2 though, I'd more like one called I-don't-break-much instead!

Soph

Re:Long time no see 9 years 8 months ago #150737

The following user(s) said Thank You: alias

Re:Long time no see 9 years 8 months ago #150738

• alias
  • Time served MGer
  • Time served MGer

In the for sale section

Thank you - This is one I've been looking at. Given my complete lack of car knowledge, is "The belly plate appears to be missing" something to be concerned about?

Soph

Re:Long time no see 9 years 8 months ago #150740

He had it off to fit the stainless underfloor pipes. It's back on now. :yesnod:
David
:shrug:

Re:Long time no see 9 years 8 months ago #150742

• alias
  • Time served MGer
  • Time served MGer

He had it off to fit the stainless underfloor pipes. It's back on now. :yesnod:

Ah, that makes sense, thank you. I've PM'd him to see if it is still for sale :yesnod:

Long time no see 9 years 8 months ago #150765

Hi Sophie, I am still here too, also involved with the MGF Register forum and MGWW (MG WorldWide) but 'stick my oar in' quite often on here, not sure if anyone takes any notice!!!

I am very involved in producing Birth Certificates for MGF & TF owners (they are free) as i have access to three sets of MG Rover records and with the last six digits of the VIN i can tell you exactly when the car was built, if it was home or export market and the exact specification. if you email This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. i can give you an instant reply.

These searches have shown up some interesting facts/cars. an Epsom Club member who bought a new TF Spark in May 2006 and was told that it had been in stock for a while after MG Rover went tits up, turns out that it was actually made (born) in early JANUARY 2005 (without glass rear window) and had been in the dealers for 16 months. An MGF that was used for TF development and should have been crushed, slipped the net and is now being raced by Chris Gillie who i am still in touch with. I have been involved with tracking down the last TF that was made (for an article in MG Enthusiast) The one put forward was never proven as the last and the car with the last VIN still exists and is currently in Sweden. a really interesting one was an 85th Anniversary TF sold by Brown and Gammons in 2013 as a new car for £13,000, it was actually made in 2007/8 a year before the 85th, the Vin sequence does not fit with any MGR records the colour on the vin plate is Rio Red and the car is actually Crystal White. Good luck with your search for a TF 160
Bryan xx

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.125 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT