Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Mg tf 160vvc 9 years 7 months ago #150205

Well the mrs is pestering for a bigger car so how's the time to sell my tf.. It's done less than 51k and has 11mths mot, 6mnths tax. The head gasket has been done before I got it with a multishim gasket and I have fitted stainless pipes last week. I have also fitted a wind deflector and it has a roof cover for when it's parked in the rain etc. the roof has been reproofed but could do with dying however the window is in good condition. The interior is in great condition, I'm asking £1600 Ono. Part service history with the car but I assure you it has no faults that I know of mechanically. I'm after a zt-t cdti if anyone knows of any decent examples hence the sale
To be fair here's the Bad points:
Crack in rear bumper
Wheels need refurb
NSF headlamp steams up when cold and or wet outside.
Badges peeled off but will get sorted asa soon as I can

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by Rooky1.

Mg tf 160vvc 9 years 7 months ago #150263

Part of the message is hidden for the guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Good luck. :)

Last edit: Post by Leigh Ping. Reason: Edited for privacy and resale issues.

Mg tf 160vvc 9 years 7 months ago #150265

The car looks good and you may well get close to your requested figure with the right buyer. :broon:

However, you could do yourself a favour and tick off 2 of those bad points easily by:-

Part of the message is hidden for the guests. Please log in or register to see it.

Good luck with the sale and don't forget to let the new owner know where we are. :broon:

Last edit: Post by Leigh Ping.

Mg tf 160vvc 9 years 7 months ago #150273

Yeah I know it's not in the pic, I hadn't quite finished putting it all back on when I took the picture. Don't worry it's all as it should be underneath and in good order

Mg tf 160vvc 9 years 7 months ago #150274

Yeah I have dried the lamp out but it steams up again when it gets cold or rains, I'll look into the badges. Thanks
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping

Mg tf 160vvc 9 years 7 months ago #150532

Painted calipers up to look their best again too

Open to offers on price
Attachments:

Mg tf 160vvc 9 years 7 months ago #150534

• John and Sue
  • Master MGer
  • Master MGer
  • 06 TF 135. One of the last from Longbridge.

Yeah I have dried the lamp out but it steams up again when it gets cold or rains, I'll look into the badges. Thanks

A dodge to stop steamy headlamps is to remove one of the round plastic covers on the rear of the lamp unit. Worked for us. Lift the bonnet and you'll see 'em.

Capricornone are good for vinyl badges. Got 'em on ours.
It will be all right in the end. If it isn't all right yet, then it is not yet the end..

Mg tf 160vvc 9 years 7 months ago #150538

I've removed both bungs but still steams up when cold.. Common thing apparently,
Yeah I'm going to buy two badge inserts if not sold before they come.

Mg tf 160vvc 9 years 7 months ago #150553

• John and Sue
  • Master MGer
  • Master MGer

Is this true? If so, the body torsional rigidity design is even shittererer than I thought....
I'm struggling with the concept that a piece of bolted-on pressed thin gauge metal would, or should have such a profound effect on chassis performance. I thought it was just to protect the coolant pipes.

As always however, I bow to greater wisdom.
It will be all right in the end. If it isn't all right yet, then it is not yet the end..

Mg tf 160vvc 9 years 7 months ago #150554

• John and Sue
  • Master MGer
  • Master MGer

A dodge to stop steamy headlamps is to remove one of the round plastic covers on the rear of the lamp unit. Worked for us. Lift the bonnet and you'll see 'em.

Capricornone are good for vinyl badges. Got 'em on ours.

Oh well, it worked for us. Looks a nice car at a realistic price: good luck with a sale.

Mg tf 160vvc 9 years 7 months ago #150743

Is this true? If so, the body torsional rigidity design is even shittererer than I thought....
I'm struggling with the concept that a piece of bolted-on pressed thin gauge metal would, or should have such a profound effect on chassis performance. I thought it was just to protect the coolant pipes.

As always however, I bow to greater wisdom.

John the belly pan is a very substantial bit of metal plate,(not pressed steel) and does add to the stiffness.:yesnod:
David
:shrug:

Mg tf 160vvc 9 years 7 months ago #150746

I'm interested :woohoo: PM sent.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.149 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT