Sign In   Register

Topic

East Sussex 10 years 9 months ago #124794

Well, not so much France as the Southern Hemisphere.... :yesnod:

Nah it's not up here in the Southern Hemisphere! :nonod:
Why do all you lot in the Northern Hemisphere always draw and read maps upside down? :-?

Here is the right way to do it!

You know it makes sense!

"Keep calm, relax, focus on the problem & PULL THE BLOODY TRIGGER"
The following user(s) said Thank You: LadyMGF

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by Cobber.

East Sussex 10 years 9 months ago #124832

Sterling in Eastbourne are good too although not cheap!
Mike at MJS (mobile but based in Worthing)as worked on mine mostly for the last 9 or 10 months and ive had Russell down too. Both really nice guys :)

East Sussex 10 years 9 months ago #124844

Hello Lady Mgf or K for short, nice to see you joined up after our chat on the phone, whats the update on what the garage said, hope you got the wind deflector o.k.... as already said loads of good people on here, use the search function for overheating im sure you will find loads to read,

Craig

Freestyle and TF for Sale Mk1 work in progress, well it never stops does it lol

East Sussex 10 years 9 months ago #124862

:welcome: :welcome: Hope you get the car fixed soon, I have only had mine for a few day's now, just try and get me out of her, loving every minute. :woohoo:
If God rides a Harley then the Devil rides a Ducati

East Sussex 10 years 9 months ago #124872

Wizz I thing you will find Sterling have closed down :-?

East Sussex 10 years 9 months ago #124886

Not too good Craig.....over £1000's worth of work needs to be done on it, although I am getting another quote from elsewhere. It did backfire the other day but I will still soldier on and try and get her back to good health :-)

East Sussex 10 years 9 months ago #124889

As you can get a very nice sorted MGF for £1000, I would definitely get a second and third opinion.

I am going to be meeting people at the Devil's Dyke Inn, North of Brighton on Tuesday 6th, ie next week at 20:00.
I'd be happy to have a look at your car. I will have my diagnostic T300 with me too.
David
:shrug:

East Sussex 10 years 9 months ago #124890

That's very kind of you David.....I have somebody looking at it tomorrow as it is off the road until its mended.I wish I knew about this forum before I bought the mgf then I wouldn't of made a costly mistake

East Sussex 10 years 9 months ago #124891

If you post up the list of faults, then we could make suggestions... hopefully ones that would be useful!
David
:shrug:

East Sussex 10 years 9 months ago #124895

Not too good Craig.....over £1000's worth of work needs to be done on it, although I am getting another quote from elsewhere. It did backfire the other day but I will still soldier on and try and get her back to good health :-)

That seems a silly high price, what are they quoting for ? as I said on the phone, head gasket £400 at most with labour and parts but you already said there was know mayo looking glup in the oil, does the water expansion tank look creamy or smell of petrol fumes when you open the lid ? I cant see what else would cost an extra £600 back fire could be timing out or coil pack breaking down, your over heating as I said on the phone could be knackered radiator of air lock in coolant system, what was the garages diagnosis of the problem ?
look here at my radiator eek click here

Freestyle and TF for Sale Mk1 work in progress, well it never stops does it lol

East Sussex 10 years 9 months ago #124897

That seems a silly high price, what are they quoting for ? as I said on the phone, head gasket £400 at most with labour and parts but you already said there was know mayo looking glup in the oil, does the water expansion tank look creamy or smell of petrol fumes when you open the lid ? I cant see what else would cost an extra £600 back fire could be timing out or coil pack breaking down, your over heating as I said on the phone could be knackered radiator of air lock in coolant system, what was the garages diagnosis of the problem ?
look here at my radiator eek click here

Gearbox mount worn out, O/S/F tyre inner wall damaged, front brake discs are poor, all lower shock bushes are worn, both front shocks are leaking, thermostat pipe leaking, coolant leak from cylinder head, engine wiring loom exposed......a lot of leaking
( most is mainly general wear and tear)

Last edit: Post by LadyMGF.

East Sussex 10 years 9 months ago #124900

I'd give MJS a ring, Mike is on holiday but his number 2 is very good - they have a garage over in Worthing which might be a better bet than getting them to come to you, they will be able to get the car up in the air and sort the brakes and suspension.

One way to save costs is to source parts yourself but check with who is doing the work beforehand, some places are getting funny about it as the markup on parts is an additional revenue stream for them (they will try and tell you it is a health and safety thing, it isn't, they just need to mark the invoice with "customer supplied parts")

The roof opening while driving concerns me, were the catches done up properly?

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

Time to create page: 0.144 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT