Topic

Re: The Border Patrol Italian Run 11 years 11 months ago #49769

Exhaust repair bandage/ paste, hose repair tape...:shrug:

Radweld?...:sofa:
David
:shrug:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: The Border Patrol Italian Run 11 years 10 months ago #51881

Anybody looked into European breakdown cover yet? :-?
So far, Green Flag seems the cheapest.
David

Re: The Border Patrol Italian Run 11 years 10 months ago #51883

Anybody looked into European breakdown cover yet? :-?
So far, Green Flag seems the cheapest.

breakdown cover strangly enuff i dont think id bother i think i trust my car a little to much lol been to cornwall twice and ireland 3 times so its all good

sounds like its going to be an epic trip so enjoy it over there

Re: The Border Patrol Italian Run 11 years 10 months ago #51901

That's partly why I posted, to see if everyone else was taking cover out for the trip. I'm not sure it's necessary but...:shrug:
David

Re: The Border Patrol Italian Run 11 years 10 months ago #51921

Peace of mind, around europe, cost me £7.00 extra on my policy. I had to pay for the month. But, as you know, was only away for 5 days.

However, I'm sure that if I had broken down it would have been worth every penny. Hotels, hire car, attempted fix, recovery back to the UK etc etc.

Re: The Border Patrol Italian Run 11 years 10 months ago #51949

I have full european breakdown cover, it comes as part of the Peter Bests classic insurance policy. I shall read the small print before we go just to see what it will or will not cover.

Re: The Border Patrol Italian Run 11 years 10 months ago #51972

I have full european breakdown cover, it comes as part of the Peter Bests classic insurance policy. I shall read the small print before we go just to see what it will or will not cover.

me too Paul :broon:

Re: The Border Patrol Italian Run 11 years 9 months ago #56632

Ok, here we go, 5 weeks today we will be waking up in Italy, to the lovely fresh air and beautiful scenery (depending who you are sleeping next to :dry: !)

The best way to travel will be to purchase the automated toll tickets in advance, these last for 21 days free of charge, so if we get them later this month, this shouldn't cost much. We will all need to do this if we want to stay together.

We will need one for France and one for Italy . These will not cover the Mont Blanc tunnel but should cover all other tolls and possibly some parking fees.

Please bear in mind the 5 day delivery time and order in advance to make sure you have them before we travel. You can order them now and select your despatch date rather than leave them to the last minute, just in case you forget.

Hope everyone is getting into the spirit and looking forward to the trip.
http://www.facebook.com/groups/mgfandtfborderpatrol/

Last edit: Post by alphaj.

Re: The Border Patrol Italian Run 11 years 9 months ago #56643

Thanks, Anne.A timely reminder!
Also a good time to remind people to sort out insurance for themselves and the car.
Recovery cover if they want it.
Warning triangles, breathalyser kits, spare bulb kits.
Maggy has the luminous jackets in hand. - Check face book Border Patrol page.
David

Re: The Border Patrol Italian Run 11 years 9 months ago #56649

I would very strongly advice people to have recovery cover and think it would be unfair of anyone travelling with a group not to have it. Don't forget this normally covers accidents as well where as most insurance companies will only pay out to the value of the car. Also some recovery policies cover you breaking down too so if you have a few to many sherbets and fall down the stairs breaking your legs you can still get your car home.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping

Last edit: Post by Leigh Ping. Reason: Selected as a 'POW' Pearl of Wisdom at the bottom of the how to guides. Thanks Paul, you've made it :)

Re: The Border Patrol Italian Run 11 years 9 months ago #56650

Don't forget to apply for your European Health Insurance Card if you haven't already got one

http://www.nhs.uk/NHSEngland/Healthcareabroad/EHIC/Pages/about-the-ehic.aspx

The EHIC is replaced the old E111 in 2006. The card is not an alternative to travel insurance. It will not cover any private medical healthcare or costs such as mountain rescue in ski resorts, being flown back to the UK, or lost or stolen property. Therefore, it is important to have both an EHIC and a valid private travel insurance policy. Some insurers now insist you hold an EHIC and many will waive the excess if you have one.

BEWARE of sites charging for this card it's FREE ...

Re: The Border Patrol Italian Run 11 years 9 months ago #57591

Ok, here we go, 5 weeks today we will be waking up in Italy, to the lovely fresh air and beautiful scenery (depending who you are sleeping next to :dry: !)

The best way to travel will be to purchase the automated toll tickets in advance, these last for 21 days free of charge, so if we get them later this month, this shouldn't cost much. We will all need to do this if we want to stay together.

We will need one for France and one for Italy . These will not cover the Mont Blanc tunnel but should cover all other tolls and possibly some parking fees.

Please bear in mind the 5 day delivery time and order in advance to make sure you have them before we travel. You can order them now and select your despatch date rather than leave them to the last minute, just in case you forget.

Hope everyone is getting into the spirit and looking forward to the trip.

I know I am being thick but I don't want to make a mistake :oops:

Does the despatch date have any relation to out departure date or should I just specify as soon as possible?

Are these activated upon the first use?

Thanks ;)

Time to create page: 0.201 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT