Sign In   Register

Topic

Re: The Border Patrol Italian Run 12 years 1 month ago #41488

Nice spot David :thumbsup:

I'll be bidding on them :yesnod:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: The Border Patrol Italian Run 12 years 3 weeks ago #41956

OK - I've been researching this French breathalyser fiasco....

I think the most economical way to go is to get a twinpack of these:

Alcosense NF Singles

Remember to order the 'NF' version, which only has one line for 0.5‰BAC to comply with the NF standard. Apparently we are all too stupid to work out that the middle line on a standard 0.2/0.5/0.8 tube is the level we are checking for :dry:

The fine for not having a 'NF' standard breathalyser is 9 Euros and they can be bought on the Ferry, but I think I would rather make sure I have mine before then.

Other things to bear in mind:

If you wear contact lenses you have to have a spare pair of glasses.

Hi Viz vests must be stored in the cabin and NOT in the boot.

If we hadn't signed up to the 'Triple Entente' in 1907 none of this would have been nescessarry :rant:

Last edit: Post by Laz1957.

Re: The Border Patrol Italian Run 12 years 3 weeks ago #41959

Also - Hi vis jackets must be put on before you attempt to get out of the car, if broken down or even stopped by the police.

For info, Aldi are selling decent first aid kits for £5.99. Not compulsory but recommended.

David
:shrug:
Attachments:

Re: The Border Patrol Italian Run 12 years 3 weeks ago #41964

Aldi also have spare bulb sets and some groovy motorbike multi purpose headband/neck warmer thingies that can be worn as a bandana :bust: so we can all be pirates arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
...and stop the top of your head and ears burning bright red in the glorious non stop sunshine while driving! :broon:
David

Last edit: Post by David Aiketgate.

Re: The Border Patrol Italian Run 12 years 3 weeks ago #42045

Aldi also have spare bulb sets and some groovy motorbike multi purpose headband/neck warmer thingies that can be worn as a bandana :bust: so we can all be pirates arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!
...and stop the top of your head and ears burning bright red in the glorious non stop sunshine while driving! :broon:

why be a Pirate when you can be a NINJA :lol:

Re: The Border Patrol Italian Run 11 years 11 months ago #46629

Hi all, I received this email today from one of our Italian brethren.

Hi David,
I'm Gianluca, aka Gianlurange on the TF Passion forum.
I write you to ask about your program, for the Italian trip, with the latest updates (about days and roads).
I ask you this to try to organize a group to meet you, during your run. It will be a great pleasure, for me and the TF Passion to meet you!
Waiting for your news, thank you for your attention.
Best regards

Gianluca

and my reply
Hi Gianluca,

Great to hear from you. You are welcome to join our forum, www.the-t-bar.com where you will be able to see the discussion about this event.
At present we have nothing organised apart from the route there and back and accommodations! We have 2 days driving each way.
We are arriving in Luino Varese on the 4/8/12 and leaving on the 11/8/12.

Apart from wanting to drive the Stelvio pass and visit Maranello, we are open to suggestions for routes and meets with yourselves. It would be good if you join the forum and them everyone will see your ideas for meets/routes.

Regards
David
David
The following user(s) said Thank You: pendle lass

Last edit: Post by David Aiketgate.

Re: The Border Patrol Italian Run 11 years 11 months ago #46667

• cjj's Avatar Topic Author
  • cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.
Cheers David, sounds promising.

We will see what we can organise into the week if they can let us know where, when, what and how. ;)

Can you let us know if they come back with any details.

Re: The Border Patrol Italian Run 11 years 11 months ago #46671

Will do.:broon:
David

Re: The Border Patrol Italian Run 11 years 11 months ago #46685

More from Gianluca

Ciao David,
our club has very good friends in Maranello zone (in fact last year we had organized a meeting with 60 British cars there, also with visit to the Ferrari Museum and Ferrari tests drive), so maibe we can arrange a meeting in that zone. If you need some info about accomodation, restaurants, etc. feel free to ask and I'll be happy to contact the persons you need and also the local tourism office, if needed.
I try to understand how many persons could arrive to meet your fantastic group, from my club, and then I'll write on your forum....having some ideas to talk about with you. :-))
We update each other as soon as possible.
Regards

Gianluca
David

Re: The Border Patrol Italian Run 11 years 11 months ago #46686

My reply

Ciao Gianluca,
Any advice on places to visit, roads to drive, restaurants to eat in and wine to drink around Luino Varese/Lago Maggiore area will be welcome. :lol:
David
David

Re: The Border Patrol Italian Run 11 years 11 months ago #46687

Gianluca wrote:-

Me, directly, I can give you advices for Maranello zone, but for sure we have a member of the club in Varese, so we can ask him all the advices!!

Sounds good to me. :broon:
David

Re: The Border Patrol Italian Run 11 years 11 months ago #47231

David - Do you have a road map?
Honestly I did not get your travelling movements on August :nonod: :-? Maybe you posted it somewhere but I missed it :oops:
4th -Stelvio
5th - ?
6th -?
7th - ?
8th - ?
9th - ?
10th -?
11th -?

We really looking forward to meeting you guys. :hugs:

Last edit: Post by katomax.
Time to create page: 0.212 seconds