Topic

Re: The Border Patrol Italian Run 11 years 9 months ago #59908

• cjj's Avatar Topic Author
  • cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.
Two more things checked off.

We have bought our Euros. ASDA seemed the best place for exchange rate and they give you £5 off every £500. Also, if you pay an extra £3.99, it guarantees that you get back exactly what you paid for it (exchange rate) if you bring any back.

Also, credit/debit cards have been notified.
If you haven't done this yet, your card could be blocked if you use it abroad and some of them need at least a weeks notice.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re: The Border Patrol Italian Run 11 years 9 months ago #59912

• cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.
This was a run I was looking into for an easy day out

http://goo.gl/maps/7IP1D

It takes us up to a nice looking restaurant

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Alber...za/41396871582

Re: The Border Patrol Italian Run 11 years 9 months ago #59915

• cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.
And one for Tracy. ;)

Looking at that reservoir and found this link. Seems they have a great taste in dogs.

http://www.barbararosso.it/dblog/storico.asp?s=Trekking+Montagna+

Re: The Border Patrol Italian Run 11 years 9 months ago #60135

• cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.
1 week to go. :woohoo:

Re: The Border Patrol Italian Run 11 years 9 months ago #60137

And one for Tracy. ;)

Looking at that reservoir and found this link. Seems they have a great taste in dogs.

http://www.barbararosso.it/dblog/storico.asp?s=Trekking+Montagna+

nice find Clive, Im really gonna miss her when we are away :-?

Re: The Border Patrol Italian Run 11 years 9 months ago #60252

Gianluca has sent out an email to the Italian Mg'ers. This is what he wrote, and I translated with the help of Babylon:-

The Patrol will run the North of Italy at the beginning of August and will be a real pleasure to meet, for this we agreed that Sunday, August 5 we will have a learning dinner! Their italian base will be in Luino therefore, as of today, we are identifying a restaurant (lake view? Why not ... ) in which we meet.

There you have to add that the morning of 6 will be on the road, accompanied by some of us, toward Maranello (during the day visit then the Galleria Ferrari and the Lamborghini Museum) and that therefore the there will be another opportunity to encounter, for those who will not have been present the previous evening.

In a short time we will see other information about dinner and on any additional details, for those who are not yet will be party to the much coveted holiday this will be an opportunity to savor a meeting other than the usual and listen to the travel narratives of the patrol english. Soon for updates

Ps Got my Toll pass doodahs today as well! :woohoo:
David
:shrug:

Last edit: Post by David Aiketgate.

Re: The Border Patrol Italian Run 11 years 9 months ago #60255

Gianluca has sent out an email to the Italian Mg'ers. This is what he wrote, and I translated with the help of Babylon:-

The Patrol will run the North of Italy at the beginning of August and will be a real pleasure to meet, for this we agreed that Sunday, August 5 we will have a learning dinner! Their italian base will be in Luino therefore, as of today, we are identifying a restaurant (lake view? Why not ... ) in which we meet.

There you have to add that the morning of 6 will be on the road, accompanied by some of us, toward Maranello (during the day visit then the Galleria Ferrari and the Lamborghini Museum) and that therefore the there will be another opportunity to encounter, for those who will not have been present the previous evening.

In a short time we will see other information about dinner and on any additional details, for those who are not yet will be party to the much coveted holiday this will be an opportunity to savor a meeting other than the usual and listen to the travel narratives of the patrol english. Soon for updates

Ps Got my Toll pass doodahs today as well! :woohoo:

happy holidays guys, maybe see you in luino :drive:
The following user(s) said Thank You: David Aiketgate, alphaj

Re: The Border Patrol Italian Run 11 years 8 months ago #60592

Two bits of news.

1/, Jan(fast jan) has taken up paulontour's offer, so will be joining the Border Patrol for this trip.!:broon:

2/. Gianluca has sent some details of the Dinner we'll be having with the guys of TFpassion Italia.

Gianluca wrote:-

Our friend near Luino says that we can go in a good restaurant, far around 40 km. In this restaurant we can eat some typical food. The complete dinner, with 4 dishes, dessert, water, wine, coffee, digestive is 40 euros. I asked also for something less expensive, but he said that in this period in that zone is not possible for this kind of menu....
So, I want to ask you if the solution could be ok, before confirmation. The time is short, but I can try to search again, tell me please.
Regards
Gianluca

David
:shrug:

Re: The Border Patrol Italian Run 11 years 8 months ago #60610

I have organised everything for Jan, and all is in place ready for Thursday!

Meal is ok with us David.... :broon:

Haven't got anything packed yet, but there shouldnt be much, so hopefully onto that this afternoon.
http://www.facebook.com/groups/mgfandtfborderpatrol/

Re: The Border Patrol Italian Run 11 years 8 months ago #60614

• Visitor
  • Visitor
Jan I know you will have a fabulous time with fabulous people :broon:

Re: The Border Patrol Italian Run 11 years 8 months ago #60626

Meal sounds good to me too :yesnod:

peter81 - that would be excellent if you can get to us :beer:

Re: The Border Patrol Italian Run 11 years 8 months ago #60630