Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Engine mounting 2 weeks 12 hours ago #206744

Advice please trying to remove the two engine mounting bolts have tried using impact gun with universal joint does it make a difference if I bend over the engine inspection plate to enable a straight line on to the bolt heads as they are at a angle will it make it easier any help greatly appreciated

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Engine mounting 2 weeks 10 hours ago #206745

You need an impact wrench that puts out over 1000 ft-lbs of torque in order to loosen those stubborn bolts, such as the one by Milwaukee tools that delivers 1400 ft-lbs of torque.
Mark
95 MGF

Engine mounting 2 weeks 7 hours ago #206747

My lad has one of those, it’s a remarkable piece of kit, it nearly ripped my arm off the first time I used it.
The only credible replacement once you are used to using it is probably a silverback gorilla with a long breaker bar extension pole.
M

Engine mounting 2 weeks 4 hours ago #206748

Advice please trying to remove the two engine mounting bolts have tried using impact gun with universal joint does it make a difference if I bend over the engine inspection plate to enable a straight line on to the bolt heads as they are at a angle will it make it easier any help greatly appreciated

I understand the application of the uni joint for access but they and any extensions will rob the rattle gun of torque, as they act like torsion springs, using regular pieces form you hand socket set that aren’t designed for use with rattle guns is largely pointless, even using proper rattle gun socket extensions ans accessories wil rob you of torque but at least minimise the loss.
"Keep calm, relax, focus on the problem & PULL THE BLOODY TRIGGER"

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.092 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT