Sign In   Register

Topic

MGF just won't start 8 years 1 month ago #167123

Here's my update.... I changed all the fuel; 5ml of oil into each plug hole to help compression. I removed the fuel rail and no obstruction (thanks Leigh). Still getting fuel and spark,but when I turn it over it sounds like it's about to kick for a second then dies. This happens each time. I tried it with easy start and boom, started instantly but died as soon as the easy start burned off. I noticed the inside of the air chamber is oily. Could this be relevant?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

MGF just won't start 8 years 1 month ago #167125

probably not.
you're not getting enough organic compound to sustain ignition.
this is almost certainly due to the injectors shutting off because the ecu doesn't know where the feck the crank or cam shaft is in relation to the compression stroke.

my next step would be to check the crank and cam sensors

Last edit: Post by MGmike.

MGF just won't start 8 years 1 month ago #167126

You are right, not enough to sustain it. I've already replaced the crank sensor. I'll check the cam sensor and see if it helps. Thanks Mike.

MGF just won't start 8 years 1 month ago #167128

Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: MGFnoob

MGF just won't start 8 years 1 month ago #167139

here is a video of the symptoms

The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping

Last edit: Post by Leigh Ping.

MGF just won't start 8 years 1 month ago #167145

Take the plugs out. Are they wet with fuel? Or bone dry? :-?
David
:shrug:

MGF just won't start 8 years 1 month ago #167150

Thanks for getting back to me. They are wet

MGF just won't start 8 years 1 month ago #167152

The fact that it starts easily with ''easy start'' suggests that it is not getting fuel normally. However if the plugs are wet with fuel that means fuel is getting through.:shrug:

Are you sure the fuel is good quality?
Is the air filter clogged up?
David
:shrug:

MGF just won't start 8 years 1 month ago #167158

i changed all the fuel yesterday and cleaned the fuel rail. It's definitely getting fuel through the injectors. I've taken the air filter unit off at the minute. Maybe it's getting too much fuel resulting in it flooding before it gets started. I'm totally baffled. All the ingredients are there. I still have to check the cam sensor.

MGF just won't start 8 years 1 month ago #167170

Are the injectors firing? you might need to do a noid light test.
"Keep calm, relax, focus on the problem & PULL THE BLOODY TRIGGER"

MGF just won't start 8 years 4 weeks ago #167189

The injectors are all firing, and they have been cleaned. My head is melted with it! lol.it seems that it should run. I'm going to change the timing belt next week. An electrician is going to put yet another computer on to search for faults. At least that'll be something else to tick off the list!
The following user(s) said Thank You: mgtfbluestreak

MGF just won't start 8 years 4 weeks ago #167193

This is a very interesting thread.......hope you discover the answer soon im biting my lip waiting to know the answer to why your f wont start.......does the engine look clean and oil free?.............or has it got heavy oil deposits from the breather or crank seals?...........heavy oil deposits around these areas can point to crank case compression due to worn bores etc................i often see engines with new starter motors fitted because the original starter had worn out due to bad starting because of worn bores...........reading another thread on non starting mg cars the fuel cut off switch was mentiond.......but seeing has yours is getting fuel.......it cant be that can it?

Attachments:

Last edit: Post by mgtfbluestreak.
Time to create page: 0.251 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT