Sign In   Register

Topic

The Le Mons 365 Challenge - Featuring the MGF! 9 years 6 months ago #151751

Well I made it down the Pod and even drove down with the top down despite the mist this morning. Bit chilly there and it did rain for a bit in the afternoon even some ice bits in with the rain. Anyway took some snaps:-

Two of them in waiting for a run down the strip.

The MGF awaiting it's turn

Staging

and the off. It seems that this was Michelles best run. It was the only one I saw as I missed the others she made.

Due to a mishapp involving oil on the strip the BMW had so sit and wait ages before this run.

Not good for the nerves I imagine.

While nothing to do with the challange there were some interesting cars running like this American:-

that V8 sounded awesome :woohoo: .

Now this Rover 75 was being driven by a 75 year old lady ............................................. I kid you not.

Another couple of the challange cars and drivers.

Tried to catch at least one snap of all of the challanges cars on the strip. I had a good day out thank you all and was glad to help in the small way.
The following user(s) said Thank You: David Aiketgate, Leigh Ping, Denial, Davem, really?, Matthews

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by Plezier. Reason: spelling errors

The Le Mons 365 Challenge - Featuring the MGF! 9 years 6 months ago #151912

Wow! Santa Pod was awesome!

We've started putting together our experiences in the blog. There's so much to share that we've had to split it up.. so here's part 1.

I haven't had a chance to share my thoughts and how the car did, yet, which I'm sure you'll agree is the most important bit, but that's coming up in one of the next parts.. so stay tuned :)

Kevin, thank you for sharing your pictures, it was an absolute pleasure to meet you and thank you again for all your help (and bits!). Do let us know when you're coming down this way, next!!

http://www.lemons365.co.uk/car-reviews-news-blogs/
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping

The Le Mons 365 Challenge - Featuring the MGF! 9 years 6 months ago #151921

Part 2 of our Official Santa Pod Raceway blog is up!

How did Neil do in the Mercedes-Benz SLK? Can an automatic German droptop really hack it against Japan's finest?

Find out here:

The Le Mons 365 Challenge - Featuring the MGF! 9 years 6 months ago #151933

Kevin, thank you for sharing your pictures, it was an absolute pleasure to meet you and thank you again for all your help (and bits!). Do let us know when you're coming down this way, next!!

Your welcome ............................... have you looked into the EPAS re-set yet?

Have you checked I got the wheel on straight yet? Would have done it but there just did not seem to be the time with all that was going on.

It looks like I will be down South middle of January for sure as it's a friends 60th birthday. Just got the invite but hopefully can pop down in November in the Blue one. She is having her boot floor repaired at the end of october ready to come off sorn for November. "Elsie" the Green one will then be sorned so her interior can be pulled to get it repaired (drivers bolster) then cleaned and re-furbished.

Righ now am replacing "Elsie's" complaince bushes and inner lower arm bushes with Orange Polybushes.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Matthews

The Le Mons 365 Challenge - Featuring the MGF! 9 years 6 months ago #151962

Your welcome ............................... have you looked into the EPAS re-set yet?

Have you checked I got the wheel on straight yet? Would have done it but there just did not seem to be the time with all that was going on.

no, not yet, sorry, car hasnt been driven since we got back.. what with kids and school and all that this week :)

wheel seems fine though!

The Le Mons 365 Challenge - Featuring the MGF! 9 years 6 months ago #151963

Part 3 of our Official Santa Pod Raceway blog is out! And it includes my bits! And an MGF you will want to see!

Oh yeah, and have you ever heard a Jet Car? Well you have now!

The Le Mons 365 Challenge - Featuring the MGF! 9 years 6 months ago #151968

Jet car. :omg: Holy crap on a cracker! :hgf:
David
:shrug:

The Le Mons 365 Challenge - Featuring the MGF! 9 years 6 months ago #151996

The pukka dragsters must have been on Sunday as I was not there so missed them. Did pass a "Funny car" well I think that's what they call them. Used to anyway on a truck heading to the Pod as I left Saturday evening/late afternoon.

The Le Mons 365 Challenge - Featuring the MGF! 9 years 6 months ago #152040

Part 4 of our Santa Pod blog is up! This time it's the over achieving Z3 vs. the under achieving RX8.

Find out a non-petrol head and a gentleman racer think of the 'Pod.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping

The Le Mons 365 Challenge - Featuring the MGF! 9 years 6 months ago #152130

And that's it! The last part of our Santa Pod blog is up.

Hear from the drivers of the Honda S2000 and the Mitsubishi FTO, the cars that were expected to be the fastest. Which one lived up that billing?

And find out who won.. who earned the most points - we had 200 up for grabs..

The Le Mons 365 Challenge - Featuring the MGF! 9 years 6 months ago #152289

So what happens when you take your £2500 Le Mons car to a main dealer? Rip off city, right?

You'd be surprised. Very surprised.

Read more here:

The Le Mons 365 Challenge - Featuring the MGF! 9 years 6 months ago #152303

If thats the case you have dropped lucky with main dealers i have never had any success with them for commercial or PLG vehicles.

My mitsubishi evo x had this light come on two weeks ago.

Went into mitsubishi who diagnosed a failed AYC pump which is a common problem on this model and a quote of £3750 plus vat.
Strangely earlier this week i ordered the one below brand new OEM coming direct from mitsubishi Japan For £1160 with a estimated time of 2 hours labour to unbolt the broken one and rebleed the system.

Attachments:

Last edit: Post by GT MG SPARES LTD. Reason: added pictures
Time to create page: 0.252 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT