Sign In   Register

Topic

The Le Mons 365 Challenge - Featuring the MGF! 9 years 7 months ago #150238

Already posted some of this stuff here:
http://www.the-t-bar.com/forum/3-welcome-introductions-please/92129-hello-new-owner-here-and-more
But wanted to have a thread dedicated to just Club Le Mons, hope you don't mind!

I've recently bought myself a 2000 MGF VVC manual and what can I say, I love it!

I'm taking part in a year long charity/Top Gear style challenge call the Le Mons 365 Challenge and I guess in doing so I'm representing MGF owners every where. So I could really use your support!!!

This is the Challenge:

www.lemons365.co.uk/

And this tells you more about it:

www.lemons365.co.uk/frequently-asked-questions/

And this is me and my car:

www.lemons365.co.uk/the-drivers/michelle-matthews/

www.lemons365.co.uk/cars/mg-f/

We're not just doing this for fun though, it's actually for charity, but I'm not here to beg for money.

Instead we're turning the year into a TV show, first episode out soon, but this is the trailer:

Anyway, I hope some of you find this stuff of interest, and I'll try to keep this thread updated with the latest news and events!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by Matthews.

The Le Mons 365 Challenge - Featuring the MGF! 9 years 7 months ago #150239

OUR NEXT EVENT

Anyone want a *free* dyno run?

The next event in the Le Mons 365 Challenge Calendar is on Saturday 27th September. We are holding a rolling road day to see how much horsepower our cars still have and are going to lose 5 points for every HP we've lost over the years!!!

The guys who are hosting the rolling road (Austec Racing - www.austec.co.uk/) have kindly offered to donate all monies raised on the day to our charities. With the first 9 places taken up by the Le Mons fleet, this leaves us with a fantastic 11 places still available (at least there were when they last told me).

While the dyno day is *free* we are asking people to donate a minimum of £30 to book a place.

So, if you're within range of Gatwick, want to have your car dyno'd and probably have a lot of fun on the day (as well as potentially appear on the 'tv show'), then this might be for you. It's first come, first served.

If you'd like to come out and play with us please contact This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. and she'll give you the details!

The Le Mons 365 Challenge - Featuring the MGF! 9 years 7 months ago #150246

That's a fantastic offer for a dyno run. :yesnod: If only I didn't live 330 miles from Gatwick! :slapme:
David
:shrug:

The Le Mons 365 Challenge - Featuring the MGF! 9 years 7 months ago #150247

I used to work next door to austec until they moved around the corner - I'm up for this but not sure which car.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

The Le Mons 365 Challenge - Featuring the MGF! 9 years 7 months ago #150250

Email Jenny, book a place and decide on the day :)

The Le Mons 365 Challenge - Featuring the MGF! 9 years 7 months ago #150251

I'll be doing that in the morning as email is on the other machine.

The Le Mons 365 Challenge - Featuring the MGF! 9 years 7 months ago #150252

Great see you then!

The Le Mons 365 Challenge - Featuring the MGF! 9 years 7 months ago #150259

Sorry but it's a bit far for me now. Gatwick is 190 miles from here. I know the roads to it well as used to live in Horley....small world indeed. Don't know Austec but then have been up here fro about 15 years now. Was last down there at the end of January picking up "Blue 33" from Richmond then down to Horley to see friends and stop the night before coming home via family in Hampshire.

Would love to see how "Elsie" the VVC is performing engine and tune wise but as I say it's too far to be able to do so.

I wish you luck with your cause though!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Matthews

The Le Mons 365 Challenge - Featuring the MGF! 9 years 7 months ago #150267

See you at your last challenge
I'm 20miles from Le Mans :beer:

The Le Mons 365 Challenge - Featuring the MGF! 9 years 7 months ago #150304

I emailed Jenny at 5.30 this morning but haven't had a read receipt (had the one from my CC straight away), Hopefully her email client didn't bin it as it comes from "administrator @ babelfish . demon . co . uk" as this is the only way I can get my email client to work.

Austec are the local TVR centre, used to be on the Gatwick Road, now behind the Vauxhall dealer.

The Le Mons 365 Challenge - Featuring the MGF! 9 years 7 months ago #150305

I heard from Jenny earlier, she did get your email... have you not had a response yet?

The Le Mons 365 Challenge - Featuring the MGF! 9 years 7 months ago #150312

Just been looking at the challanges - I wanna go next year.

Time to create page: 0.235 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT