Sign In   Register

Topic

The Le Mons 365 Challenge - Featuring the MGF! 8 years 9 months ago #161316

cool! can you email This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. - i dont really know whats going on with it.. too busy sorting out holiday next week ;)

Please Log in to join the conversation.

The Le Mons 365 Challenge - Featuring the MGF! 8 years 9 months ago #161317

The last part of our gymkhana blog is up..

..and it's packed with surprises and results..

We announce the winner of the slalom, we release the points from the event and the overall drivers standing..

AND..

..we have a look at what might, at this stage of the competition, be the best £2,500 sports car on the market..

Find out more at:
http://www.lemons365.co.uk/car-reviews-news-blogs/

The Le Mons 365 Challenge - Featuring the MGF! 8 years 9 months ago #161323

No penalty points for tyres..Bruce had his put on when he got the car and Alex did it after the disastrous results at Santa Pod.. tyres are considered consumables..

Yet cooling system components are not?? I recall you getting penalties for having the coolant pipes and radiator replaced yet those too are service items and were replaced as they needed it not just because you wanted to get a few extra points from better grip. Yes damaged or worn badly tyres need replacing but replacing then because they have Ecorun printed on the side walls and not gettign penalty points is a crock!

Shit I can imagine the barrow load of points I would have collected when fixing up the latest MGF yet I am still way under the budget set for the cars. Suppose the new to me slightly used exhaust would have also added to my penalty points even though the one it replaced was the original from 1999 and rusting through.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Matthews

The Le Mons 365 Challenge - Featuring the MGF! 8 years 7 months ago #162138

hey everyone.. well looks like this year's activities are over. there was supposed to be one more, but they couldn't make it happen. Winner being announced soon and i can guarantee it wont be me..

Anyway, it's been a lot of fun and a hell of a ride!

But, it's time for me to move on.. I really only took this on as they had the other girl with the MGF drop out just after the launch, so it was partly a favour and partly me wanting to do it.. but with the kids and school and work its been hard fitting it all in. Next year starts in January and wont be every month, but with my partner (Alex in the FTO) taking part already i still get to be a part of it...

So it's time to sell the MGF (we have 4 cars including her, so cant justify keeping her).. does anyway want to take my place (ie buy the car with stickers on) or would anyone be interested in buying her anyway? What sort of price could I ask for her? you've followed her on here, so you know she's good ;) and she's getting her MOT this week..

Would love your feedback.. and thank you all for the support!

As soon as I know more about next year's plans I'll share them here..

Last edit: Post by Matthews.

The Le Mons 365 Challenge - Featuring the MGF! 8 years 7 months ago #162144

It's been interesting to follow, I wish I had the time to join in and or the space to buy the car but with 6 already.......

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

The Le Mons 365 Challenge - Featuring the MGF! 8 years 7 months ago #162333

Wrong time of year to sell an MGF really. Spring is THE time it seems.

Wondered why it had all gone quiet.

In all honesty you will be lucky to get £700 and it's more likely to be around the £500 mark now. In spring prices will go up a bit.. Best bet is to scour ebay, Autotrader, and Gumtree and compare prices then offer it at a comparable price. Good luck with it.

The Le Mons 365 Challenge - Featuring the MGF! 8 years 1 month ago #166419

Hi all,

Sorry for the radio silence, its all been a bit poo really. I now have more info on Lemons, and why its not running this year. One of the organizers, a lovely lady called Sam, was diagnosed with cancer late last year. She's currently undergoing chemo, and is on her second batch, the first not quite doing it. As such, and with a business to run as well, the other two organizers (Alex, my partner, in the FTO and Neil, who drives the SLK) simply didnt have the time or resources to set everything up again.

The only thing that is running this year is The Roundel Run, which raised about £6k alone last year, as part of Lemons. (sales pitchy time - registrations are open at www.theroundelrun.com - sales pitchy over).

In the mean time, and due to a new company car, the MGF is going to go. I'd like £500 for it, at least, so if anyone wants it, please do let me know.

Thank you all for your support! If and when we do the next lemons I'll let you know - next time i'm going to get a TF :)

- Michelle
The following user(s) said Thank You: talkingcars, Andy Lawrence, cairnsys

The Le Mons 365 Challenge - Featuring the MGF! 8 years 1 month ago #166428

Sorry to hear about Sam, I hope she is on the road to recovery.

Do let us know what happens, with Sam and with Lemons.

James

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

Time to create page: 0.214 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT