Sign In   Register

Topic

The Le Mons 365 Challenge - Featuring the MGF! 9 years 7 months ago #151088

Well, that's challenge number 4 completed - The Rolling Road!

And the results are surprising. And the scores even more so. Found out who the biggest winners and losers were, in our latest blog post and points release:

http://www.lemons365.co.uk/car-reviews-news-blogs/

Please Log in to join the conversation.

The Le Mons 365 Challenge - Featuring the MGF! 9 years 7 months ago #151251

So, what's our next event you ask? Well, are we glad you did.. because it's going to be awesome! And possibly quite painful. For our clutches.

Read all about it here:

Will we see you there? Any advice?

The Le Mons 365 Challenge - Featuring the MGF! 9 years 7 months ago #151254

still early days so fingers crossed you can catch up
The following user(s) said Thank You: Matthews

The Le Mons 365 Challenge - Featuring the MGF! 9 years 7 months ago #151271

i hope so, i'm going to lose a bucket load more points because of the repairs that have been done in September :(

The Le Mons 365 Challenge - Featuring the MGF! 9 years 7 months ago #151324

Following on from my original post (Should you buy an MGF - http://www.lemons365.co.uk/buy-mgf/) I've done an update on the work done to my car, in preparation for the Rolling Road event.

How exactly do you lift an MGF if you don't have jacks? Click here to find out..

The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping, KentJohn

The Le Mons 365 Challenge - Featuring the MGF! 9 years 7 months ago #151372

Having bought two cheap MGF's ...................................... and I do mean CHEAP. The MPi cost £170 and the VVC cost £155 :whistle: no I am not joking ........................................... I knew both would need work. The MPi had failed it's test, track rod ends, O/S/R upper ball joint, O/S/R sphere had collapsed and N/S sill needed welding.. It required H/G replacement so had the cam belt and water pump done at the same time.. Am now restoring the body work to remove dents and the horrid bodge the local garage did to the sill repair.

The VVC was not drivable any distance due to coolant loss. Suspected HGF it said .............................. nope rotten radiator. So it cost £147 to get her recovered from Birmingham. I stole the alloy rad out of another project, she already had nearly new underfloor S/S pipes, braided S/S brake hoses front and rear, side air scoops and a K&N open cone filter.. I discovered a worn O/S/F lower ball joint so bought a new one and fitted it. Also fitted the AP 304 mm disc set up that had been bought for the other project which now became a donor so I nicked the Cream and Tan Mk2 interior out of that and fitted it to the green VVC now known as "Elsie" after Elsie Wisdom an MG racing driver of old.

She came with 6 months test left and she cost a little to get through the test. new Cat, Lambada sensor and exhaust ............ oh and the lower hub to arm bushes and two Orange 581 bulbs.

Would have loved to make the Rolling Road day but simply could not as would really like to know how "Elsie" the VVC performs power wise.

If you have not already bought a steering wheel and can make do with standard black I have a nice spare one your welcome too BTW! Also have good black gaitors for gear change and hand brake. I swapped them fro cream leather ones in mine.

The Le Mons 365 Challenge - Featuring the MGF! 9 years 7 months ago #151378

Wow thank you - yes please to the steering wheel and anything you have 'leftover'!

Apparently we're going to organise another RR day next year, will keep you updated!!

The Le Mons 365 Challenge - Featuring the MGF! 9 years 6 months ago #151417

PM sent regarding the wheel etc.

The Le Mons 365 Challenge - Featuring the MGF! 9 years 6 months ago #151431

The latest points are up! We've done our September points review and some have lost, and some have gained.. Is the MR2 still in the lead? Is the MGF still running to catch up (the answer is yes :oops: )? Has the S2000 done anything in the last month? Did anyone break down? How many new stereos did we buy?

All the answers to these questions, and more, are here:

The Le Mons 365 Challenge - Featuring the MGF! 9 years 6 months ago #151544

Well here is a selection of bits that are doing nothing:-

Original Mk1 leather gear knob

The gear knob perched up way above the gaiter is, so I am told, a BRM one and of course the standard black steering wheel. The Satur alloy knobs have been sold, as I didn't like them, and the alloy demister vent covers are some where in the garage.

Last edit: Post by Plezier. Reason: typos

The Le Mons 365 Challenge - Featuring the MGF! 9 years 6 months ago #151564

We've made the Scores page a little more interesting to look at!

See the rise and fall, well, mostly the fall, of the RX8 in glorious colour! The MR2 hasn't done badly either..

http://www.lemons365.co.uk/scores/
The following user(s) said Thank You: David Aiketgate

Last edit: Post by Matthews.

The Le Mons 365 Challenge - Featuring the MGF! 9 years 6 months ago #151579

Hmmm will have to see what is happening this weekend. Bedford is not a million miles away. Need to check what they have planned for this weekend and if i cna slip away for some time on Saturday 11th..

Time to create page: 0.233 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT