Sign In   Register

Topic

Pscan 8 years 9 months ago #160899

• Cobber's Avatar Topic Author
  • Cobber
  • '97 MGF 1.8 MPI
The stupid bloody idiot light for the airbags (SRS) is on again, only seems to do it over winter.
Safe to say that it's a dodgy connection somewhere. Probably contracts with the cold breaking the circuit, and then when things heat up again it expands, reconnecting.
Anyway I thought I'd check it with the Pscan.
I found the following error: 150C Airbag Circuit Driver High Resistance.
Unfortunately it started to piss down rain, so I didn't get a chance to investigate further, but I suspect that it might be the connection under the seat. Ill get back to you with my findings when I get a chance.
"Keep calm, relax, focus on the problem & PULL THE BLOODY TRIGGER"

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Pscan 8 years 9 months ago #160906

Cool - let's start building a database of readings and then we can kind of work out whats best for what engine maybe?

If anyone wants to send me their pscan outputs, I'll add them to my spreadsheet and then we can work out a way of putting the results up on the site for reference.
Robin ;)

Pscan 8 years 9 months ago #160907

I had this issue a number of times in a peugeot citroen. I use to remove the underseat connector and solder the wires.

Pscan 8 years 9 months ago #160921

I had this issue a number of times in a peugeot citroen. I use to remove the underseat connector and solder the wires.

That's fine until you need to take a seat out.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

Pscan 8 years 9 months ago #160923

I snipped the connectors off and replaced them with bullet connectors. :shrug: Problem solved. :yesnod:
David
:shrug:

Re:Pscan 8 years 9 months ago #160945

Thats true. I ve never taken them out of those cars but i did take them out of my mg once. So new connectors is the way to go

Pscan 8 years 9 months ago #160947

Hi guys & girls. Just been checking my TF with the Pscan and found two DTC's I can't clear. One is related to A/C which the car doesn't have ( p1539 power to A/C clutch over current ) and the other being ( p0552 power steering pressure sensor low input ). The car is steering fine but I would like to find the likely cause of the fault code. Any ideas would be gratefully received . John

Pscan 8 years 9 months ago #160951

• Cobber's Avatar Topic Author
  • Cobber
  • '97 MGF 1.8 MPI
At a guess the clutch over current may be a wiring problem even though your car doesn't have aircon, it probably has the wiring for it.
As the the power steering pressure sensor low input, that's got me buggered, seeing as the power steering is electric I can't see that the is any pressure to measure????????????
"Keep calm, relax, focus on the problem & PULL THE BLOODY TRIGGER"
The following user(s) said Thank You: sworkscooper

Pscan 8 years 9 months ago #160969

At a guess the clutch over current may be a wiring problem even though your car doesn't have aircon, it probably has the wiring for it.
As the the power steering pressure sensor low input, that's got me buggered, seeing as the power steering is electric I can't see that the is any pressure to measure????????????

I didn't think non A/C cars would have this part of the A/C wiring, even if they have some in the main loom.
If I understand the A/C at all there is no way of the system measuring the current to the A/C pump clutch.

The steering has pressure switches because it is electric measuring the driver input, fluid powered steering, certianaly on the MG/Rover cars, doesn't have pressure switches.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sworkscooper

Time to create page: 0.109 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT