Sign In   Register

Topic

Pscan 8 years 10 months ago #159583

• Cobber's Avatar Topic Author
  • Cobber
  • '97 MGF 1.8 MPI
Just a quick heads up to let you know that the Pscan code reader can now program the key fob/ central locking remotes for the 5AS ECU
I did mine today and added a remote, the whole process is quick and very easy, there are detailed easy to follow instructions available on screen. :broon:

There are more improvements and updates coming. This tool keeps getting better, and I consider it to be an essential part of the tool kit for the more hands on MGF owner.
I'm glad I got in on the ground floor with the Kick Starter crowd funding for this tool.
"Keep calm, relax, focus on the problem & PULL THE BLOODY TRIGGER"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Leigh Ping, WeekendMonkey

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Pscan 8 years 10 months ago #159606

Here's a link to the original thread
David
:shrug:

Last edit: Post by David Aiketgate.

Pscan 8 years 10 months ago #159628

Hello David. As a recent new member and owner of a TF , is there any way of me being able to buy one of these code readers or have I missed the boat so to speak ? I would find this a very useful bit of kit as my wife and I also own a 2000 MDY Classic Mini Cooper which after reading about this would also be able to access the earlier ECU. Regards John

Pscan 8 years 10 months ago #159637

John, have a look on the pscan website at Www.pscan.eu

I think Philip has sold the original batch and is waiting for more stock of components.

It's a great bit of kit and I've used it on my F, a 2005 Rover 25 and my Jag X-type (in eobd mode)
Robin ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: sworkscooper

Last edit: Post by cairnsys. Reason: Typos

Pscan 8 years 10 months ago #159638

Hi John,

As Robin says Philip has just sold the last of the original batch - he is about to receive the components for batch 2 and will then need to assemble them. However it is worth getting in with an order as they will go fast now that they can program the 5AS fobs (waiting for Pektron programming myself although my unit is still VERY useful just for diagnostics!).

It works in Windows (7,8,8.1 and 10) and also OsX and Linux I believe!

Pscan 8 years 10 months ago #159662

Hi guys . Thanks for the information on this and I will be certain to place an order for one. It will be useful for all 3 of our cars especially the Classic Mini 's' works that we have as not many people have a reasonably priced code reader that will interrogate the ECU that's on it.

:hgf:
Attachments:

Pscan 8 years 10 months ago #159668

My first car was a 1967 Mk1 Mini with hydrolastic suspension... loved her to bits... sold her on to a guy after I fitted an Allegro engine in her when the 850 exploded going down the M1.... blimey to think of all the stuff I did to her brings a tear to my eye! Yours looks great - my last Mini was a '92 Cooper in black.

Pscan 8 years 10 months ago #159687

Do you need the oriinal EKA code to reprogram the keyfob for a 5AS ECU ? I have had some problems on 1 remote so I'm keen to replace it. The EKA didn't come with my car and the code that I bought from MGrovercodes didn't seem to be working ....

Pscan 8 years 10 months ago #159693

• Cobber's Avatar Topic Author
  • Cobber
  • '97 MGF 1.8 MPI
No it actually gives you the code, not that you need it to reprogram the remotes, you do however need all the remotes you wish to use with that car present for reprogram, as the Pscan will erase the previous programming. So you'll end up with all the remotes programmed the same.
Actually I suspect it might reprogram the 5as ECU to identify and accept the remotes you wish to use, rather than the remotes themselves.
"Keep calm, relax, focus on the problem & PULL THE BLOODY TRIGGER"

Re:Pscan 8 years 10 months ago #159713

Its good to hear i don' need the code. Thanks Cobber.

Re:Pscan 8 years 10 months ago #159733

Just to add that the recorded eka codes are often wrong by 1 digit on one or both of the last two numbers. It's worth trying a number up or down to get a working eka. Once you have a Pscan or a T300 you can reset the code to whatever you want. I'm assuming the pscan can do that, as I have a T300 which certainly can. :yesnod:
David
:shrug:

Re:Pscan 8 years 10 months ago #159795

I am 99% sure that the pscan does 5AS in the same way as the T4 and T300.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

Time to create page: 0.147 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT