Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

pscan to windows 11 9 months 3 days ago #203429

Perhaps I really need a lesson on how to use Windows 11. (Age related deficiency probably).
I recently renewed my laptop, now W 11 from W10 after an incident involving a bottle of Cabernet Sauvignon and cannot install pscan. I can download the driver but don't have a clue how to run it there is no run message as on previous versions of Windows. Then there is the problem restarting, there are no obvious methods of doing this other than switching the laptop off and then on again, the button/icon is no longer there and Help only refers to restart after Windows updates.
Apart from suggesting that I should move into an OAP home, can anyone come up with helpful suggestions so that I can properly maintain my two MGF VVCs.
Mike

Please Log in to join the conversation.

pscan to windows 11 9 months 3 days ago #203430

I’ve not had to deal with Micro Satan’s Windows 11…. But in every previous iteration, they seemed to enjoy moving shit about so as you can’t find it again, I can see no good reason for this other than achieving maximum annoyance.

The will be some way to reboot the damned thing but they’ll have done a bloody good job of hiding it!
Mind you they’ll proudly announce that they’ve included host of new features that no one in their right mind will ever want or use.
They will have made what were simple and easy procedures incredibly difficult and complicated, in the name of progress.

Why not get a cheap and cheerful second hand older laptop for diagnostic use, you make sure a version of the operating system that you’re familiar with is installed, it can be more convenient having something in the car that won’t matter much if it get damaged or dirty with greasy finger prints all over it. The only time you need to put it online is to download Pscan updates.
"Keep calm, relax, focus on the problem & PULL THE BLOODY TRIGGER"

pscan to windows 11 9 months 3 days ago #203432

Sounds like a workable plan. Thanks.

pscan to windows 11 9 months 3 days ago #203444

On my Windows 11 when I click on the Start icon there is a power symbol on the bottom right of the Start menu.
When I click on that a submenu pops up and restart is on the list.
You should be able to create a folder on the c:\ drive for pscan just the same as Windows 10 and everything seems to be the same.

• Page:
Moderators: pscan.uk
Time to create page: 0.087 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT