Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Speedometer MG TF 11 months 1 week ago #202270

Hello, is it possible to modify speedometer settings on early TF?
Old gearbox sender has 8 signals per turn, but new one have 16 signals per turn and instead of 50 mph it shows 100mph on speedo

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Speedometer MG TF 11 months 1 week ago #202271

If the old one read correctly and gave 8 pulses per revolution,
And the new one gives 16 pulses per revolution, then the new one isn’t the one you need….you have the wrong part.
So either get the right part or you can get a little electronic box of tricks that will adjust the input pulse rate of the box to the output pulse rate that you want.
No I’ve got no idea where you might find one, but I do know the such things exist.
I’m sure our esteemed and knowledgeable friend Airportable, will be along soon with some light to shed on the matter.
"Keep calm, relax, focus on the problem & PULL THE BLOODY TRIGGER"

Speedometer MG TF 11 months 1 week ago #202274

Core, it’s first thing in the morning, I’m supposed to be on holiday, I’m recovering from a bout of something that could have come right out of the “Australian book of incidental incredible gut disorders”, a book for shearers & other folk that don’t wash there hand. Most cast iron Aussies take stuff like this in there stride but which had laid this Englishman low for half his holiday & thanks everyone for keeping me company on the shit shuttle.
Communications are so poor around here that it’s only with the last century that the locals stopped trapping & eating postmen. A message can take several minutes to go.
A bistable multivibrator is the easiest to apply & as the name implies it is stable in two states (flip flop). Your 16 pulse trigger train changes the state of one side of flip flop 8 times & you pick up your timing pulse from there.
If you had the luxury of internet that works you should be able to check my thoughts & find a circuit.
And as the Beatles said “it’s getting better all the time”.
M
The following user(s) said Thank You: autokvele

Speedometer MG TF 11 months 1 week ago #202277

“A bistable multi vibrator”……….. sounds like a device for simultaneously stimulating the various erogenous zones of those with an extremely flexible criteria for their choice of special friends! :bust:

If you order one of these devices online do be sure that you buying from an electronics supplier and not an erotic goods emporium! :bust:
"Keep calm, relax, focus on the problem & PULL THE BLOODY TRIGGER"

Last edit: Post by Cobber.
  • Page:
Moderators: pscan.uk
Time to create page: 0.089 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT