Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Ignition timing advance 2 years 8 months ago #196644

Hi guys :help: , it possible to read the ignition timing on diesel engine EDC15M ECU? :-?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Ignition timing advance 2 years 8 months ago #196645

Diesel engines have no ignition system, therefor have no ignition advance to adjust or read.
Diesel engines use compression to ignite the fuel/air mixture when running, some diesel engines may use glow plugs to assist ignition when starting from cold but these have no timing, although they may have a timer.
The only timing on a diesel engine is the cam timing and the fuel injection timing, older mechanical systems would have no interface for a OBD type diagnostic tool to read.
More modern diesel engines may have a ECU to control their fuel injection systems, these should have some OBD interface.
"Keep calm, relax, focus on the problem & PULL THE BLOODY TRIGGER"

Ignition timing advance 2 years 8 months ago #196647

On rover 45 2003 shows the Ignition timing advance as in the photo, but on rover 45 2005 does not show Ignition timing advance
Attachments:

Last edit: Post by MASTER.

Ignition timing advance 2 years 8 months ago #196648

That looks like EOBD mode rather than EDC15M mode. I think that what you are saying is that it is possible to get parameters from an EDC15M in EOBD mode that you can't in EDC15M mode?

If that's what you are saying then it's quite interesting.

It might be time to revisit the EDC15M protocol and see if there is are more parameters in there that we haven't reverse engineered yet.
The following user(s) said Thank You: MASTER

Last edit: Post by pscan.uk.

Ignition timing advance 2 years 8 months ago #196649

Yes, that's exactly how it is, on EOBD mode have Ignition timing advance but only in diesel rover 45 2003, on rover 45 2005 does not show anywhere. On the EDC15M mode no such parameters Ignition timing advance, is it possible to add to Ignition timing advance on EDC15M mode in diesel 2003 2004 2005 years?

Ignition timing advance 2 years 8 months ago #196650

is it possible to add to Ignition timing advance on EDC15M mode in diesel 2003 2004 2005 years?

probably, but I won't be able to look at it for a few weeks

Ignition timing advance 2 years 8 months ago #196652

Thank you very much, I will wait for the update

Ignition timing advance 2 years 7 months ago #197080

In version 0433 I have added "Ignition timing advance (EOBD)" to the bottom of the list of live data parameters.

My EDC15M is not EOBD compliant, however if I use EOBD parameter requests inside of the EDC15M code it appears to work. However this ECU is not in a running vehicle and so it would be nice if people could verify that it gives the expected result and reply back here please.

Ignition timing advance 2 years 6 months ago #197352

Hi, thanks for the update. "Ignition timing advance (EOBD)" has been added to live data EDC15M, now shown in diesel rover 45 2003 2004 2005. Thank you very much for your support
Attachments:

Ignition timing advance 2 years 6 months ago #197353

How many degrees should Ignition timing advance be cold and warm?
On other forums they write 0 degrees on a cold and +2 on a warm

• Page:
Moderators: pscan.uk
Time to create page: 0.104 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT