Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Feature Request:- Read Cruise Control ECU (and inputs) on Rover 75/MG ZT V6 3 years 5 months ago #194539

Hi I have had a PSCAN for a few years, and I find it is an excellent tool for use on my Rover Coupe VVC & MG ZT 190. but I wondered if it would be possible to add the abilty to PSCAN to read fault codes, and live data inputs from the Cruise control ECU on Rover 75's and MG ZT's with the KV6 Engine. Im having trouble with my cruise control setup on my ZT 190 V6, and im having trouble getting to the bottom where the issue is

Thanks

Richard

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Feature Request:- Read Cruise Control ECU (and inputs) on Rover 75/MG ZT V6 3 years 5 months ago #194540

I would need access to a car with cruise control, so someone near to me in Ruislip. I think that because it's related to a business activity I am allowed to meet someone . Any volunteers?

Feature Request:- Read Cruise Control ECU (and inputs) on Rover 75/MG ZT V6 3 years 5 months ago #194542

You are welcome to use my ZT for testing (although with cruise not working that maybe an issue!) Im just north of Oxford though....

My ZT 190 is full spec, and thus as all the options/ecus if you wanted to use the chance to do more 75/ZT work. In fact, its rarely used these days.

It would be great if PSCAN could replicate the T4 with the 75/ZT , the abilty to match IPK/s ECMS, and general programming. The only thing non-T4 that coudl do more is TOAF, and thats pretty underdeveloped to be fair, and hence, I dont really like to use it.

Last edit: Post by X10Rich.

Re:Feature Request:- Read Cruise Control ECU (and inputs) on Rover 75/MG ZT V6 3 years 5 months ago #194544

You are welcome to use my ZT for testing (although with cruise not working that maybe an issue!) Im just north of Oxford though....

My ZT 190 is full spec, and thus as all the options/ecus if you wanted to use the chance to do more 75/ZT work. In fact, its rarely used these days.

It would be great if PSCAN could replicate the T4 with the 75/ZT , the abilty to match IPK/s ECMS, and general programming. The only thing non-T4 that coudl do more is TOAF, and thats pretty underdeveloped to be fair, and hence, I dont really like to use it.

I agree whilst TOAF has its uses, even if you backup, there’s an underlying risk you’ll brick the car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re:Feature Request:- Read Cruise Control ECU (and inputs) on Rover 75/MG ZT V6 3 years 5 months ago #194545

Indeed. Id never program anything with it.

Re:Feature Request:- Read Cruise Control ECU (and inputs) on Rover 75/MG ZT V6 3 years 5 months ago #194569

I would have loved this option when I had a ZS, I tried to fit cruise control to both of mine, got close but no cigar.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

Re:Feature Request:- Read Cruise Control ECU (and inputs) on Rover 75/MG ZT V6 3 years 5 months ago #194572

Indeed. Id never program anything with it.

You just need to be careful and back up. Prob is some process don’t write to the ecu properly, due to glitches in the coding. It is a means to an end for the cost of a vag obd cable (£10-20) especially if you can’t access T4.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Page:
Moderators: pscan.uk
Time to create page: 0.099 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT