Sign In   Register

Topic

pscan with MPI Mini 3 years 10 months ago #193090

Hi Jon-Mini.
I have just had a glance at your Pscan data reading for your MPI Mini and compared to ours yours is idling higher than ours . Ours is 967 rpm at 34 steps , when at normal running temp so I think yo have an issue with the stepper motor setting .

This is another attempt at sending my data from Pscan and apologies again if its gone tits up !

98622 4 °TV 0.6 V Closed On Neutral High 35 kPa 34 steps 982 RPM 0 RPM 67 °C 78 °C 49 °C -214 °C -248 °C 13.7 V okay okay okay Input was low 0 ° 2.1 ° 1542 uS 1575 uS 720.0 ° 1.0 ms 0.5 ms 100.10% 0.16 V 101.00% 0.00 V active inactive ? ? ? ? Active Not active Closed Not cranking Started Not stopped Not active Not active
184518 4 °TV 0.6 V Closed On Neutral Low 36 kPa 34 steps 962 RPM 0 RPM 71 °C 86 °C 50 °C -214 °C -248 °C 13.7 V okay okay okay Input was low 0 ° 6.4 ° 1542 uS 1600 uS 720.0 ° 1.0 ms 0.5 ms 107.60% 0.10 V 104.60% 0.00 V active inactive ? ? ? ? Active Not active Closed Not cranking Started Not stopped Not active Not active On Off Off Off Off On Off Off 0.00%

John

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by sworkscooper. Reason: Trying and failing to edit file

pscan with MPI Mini 3 years 10 months ago #193091

Hi John,
yes exactly why I was doing that test, all a new learning curve for me ..
The last couple of days I've been [bashing my head on the bonnet hook.!] and checking hoses / pipes, for cracks & leaks & seals.
Also have just popped out the 'stepper motor' [iacv] and given all that a good clean up.
Of course the obvious [well to me] is to just turn the throttle stop screw.
But yes I know its not a carb , so next is to work out how to do the adjustment..?
I do have access to an ACR4 that I understand can aid the adjustment .
But absolutley no idea how that works.[yet.!]
Also I have the off/on press throttle x5 times etc.flip backwards and prey to the Mini throttle fairy for helping.
At he moment penty of time for this - but not driving :-(

atb. Jon

pscan with MPI Mini 3 years 10 months ago #193093

I should just be clear about our Mini . It's not standard in that it is a John Cooper 's' Works 90 bhp car . It differs from the standard Rover cooper in that it has its lambda sensor is positioned in the pipe directly in front of the cat, the head is polished and ported and has high lift rockers. It also has a 4 branch exhaust manifold The standard set up has the lambda sensor positioned near number 3 and 4 on the standard style of exhaust manifold . The ECU is just the same as is the rest of the system . Is your throttle cable tight , as in has no slack in it ? There should be a decent amount of free play in the cable . If it's tight you need to look at the cable anchor and screw the square anchor down or up to give the cable some slack . Our car has not been faultless in the 20 year ownership. It struggled to get through the MOT due to high emmisions all due to a bad earth on the boot earth bolt would you believe?
Where abouts in the UK are you , not that it matters in this crazy time we are all living through.
John :coat:

Last edit: Post by sworkscooper. Reason: Missed a bit .

pscan with MPI Mini 3 years 10 months ago #193094

This is the cable anchor , it just lifts off the bracket.
Attachments:

pscan with MPI Mini 3 years 10 months ago #193095

Thanks John .. All noted.
The 'very' loose throttle cable has been adjusted as you suggest.
It [again] does seem counter intuative compared to other vehicles.
Ours is a standard 2000 MPI
So far minimal problems [60k miles] fingers crossed.
Thankfully we have a local garage [Maidenhead] run by 2 old guys who still understand our type of cars.!
Hopefully this w/e I'll roll the old girl out and see how it idle settles.
Thanks for your comments and interest.
ATB , Jon [nr Marlow]

P.S. think we might be heading in the rigth direction :-

5 °TV - 0.6 V - Closed - 39 kPa - 23 steps - 912 RPM - 10 RPM - 79 °C - 66 °C - 40 °C

Last edit: Post by Jon-Mini. Reason: new figures

pscan with MPI Mini 3 years 10 months ago #193096

Hi Jon. If your immissons are okay and I think they are it would eliminate the thermistor switch or the troublesome terminals and plug that ours had replaced under warranty over 18 years ago . This fault used to raise the idle speed as the engine ECU lost the signal to the temperature thermistor. I will keep thinking about what could be the cause . Keep me posted.

John .

Last edit: Post by sworkscooper. Reason: Missed a bit .

pscan with MPI Mini 3 years 10 months ago #193099

OK John,
not quite sure about :-
a) Thermistor ... [obviously some temp switch] . I've searched minispares, and not sure which / what you mean.(sorry)
b) advice on "Elimination" .? I'd guess you'd have to fool the ECU so that it overcomes any errors.
If it improves the idle , then I'm well interested. [as indeed others will be].
I've done similar mods to FI motorbike [triumph] with ecu sensors. Adding suitable resistors to compensate..

Regards, Jon

Right ... having read your post fresh in the morning it makes more sense than late at night ..!!!!

P.S. ok looked up some of your old posts on this topic...

Last edit: Post by Jon-Mini. Reason: update

pscan with MPI Mini 3 years 10 months ago #193244

Right ... after being a good boy and staying in ..
we've implemented all the advice . And gone for a decent drive to literally blow out the cobwebs.!
And now looks / feels/ drives just like it should.
Idle is now pretty acceptable.
No long log files this time just a screen grab.
atb. Jon
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: sworkscooper

pscan with MPI Mini 3 years 10 months ago #193245

Just had a look at the screen shot , all looks good . 😊

pscan with MPI Mini 3 years 10 months ago #193248

yes John ,
followed your recomendations + checked all those [bloody] air hoses.
Replaced the servo hose.
cleaned the 'air control valve' [which was dirty]
all in all that seems to have made the right improvments - at very little cost -

atb Jon
The following user(s) said Thank You: sworkscooper

pscan with MPI Mini 3 years 10 months ago #193250

Just to give you a comparison with our Mini, just been out and it's warmed up .
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jon-Mini

Moderators: pscan.uk
Time to create page: 0.139 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT