Sign In   Register

Topic

pscan with MPI Mini 4 years 2 months ago #192536

I'm new to using the pscan and have the following questions:
Which MEMS is the one to select for a 1996 MPI Mini?
Which parameters should I select to monitor?
Does anyone have a list of the "correct" values for my car?
Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

pscan with MPI Mini 4 years 2 months ago #192538

MEM'S 2J . Unfortunately I don't have a list of values as I also have a MPI Mini .
John
Attachments:

Last edit: Post by sworkscooper.

pscan with MPI Mini 4 years 2 months ago #192539

Thanks for the quick reply sworkscooper I'll set MEMS2J on the PSCAN but I'm still in the dark which are the relevant parameters to monitor with the software - there are lots in there but obviously things like AirCon temperature isn't really of use on a Mini! So I was looking for a list of which values to check and what the correct values of those parameters on the PSCAN should look like. so "don't have a list of values as I also have a MPI Mini" doesn't make sense to me.....

pscan with MPI Mini 4 years 2 months ago #192540

Ok so , I haven't compiled a list of values for my Mini . These cars are now quite old so any values may not be correct by now. It passes it's MOT test without a problem so Pscan is rarely used on it . Not sure I can be of any help to you unless you want to compare like for like readings / values at some point .
John

Last edit: Post by sworkscooper.

pscan with MPI Mini 4 years 2 months ago #192541

Hi all... thought I'd jump in to the conversation....

What would be really useful for all Pscan users would be the ability to look up 'average' values for various models. If enough of us added to a database of values (at least those with well running cars) then I guess we'd have a pretty good idea of what values were 'decent'....

What do we think? Not sure how we could set it up - a shared Google doc or something maybe?

PS Great Mini - I really miss my 1967 Mk1 with Hydrolastic suspension - she was a peach!

pscan with MPI Mini 4 years 2 months ago #192542

Hi all... thought I'd jump in to the conversation....

What would be really useful for all Pscan users would be the ability to look up 'average' values for various models. If enough of us added to a database of values (at least those with well running cars) then I guess we'd have a pretty good idea of what values were 'decent'....

What do we think? Not sure how we could set it up - a shared Google doc or something maybe?

PS Great Mini - I really miss my 1967 Mk1 with Hydrolastic suspension - she was a peach!

Adamelphick
Regarding the Mini .......it is as good as the picture shows unfortunately it's probably the worst Mini we have owned . The Mini Thirty we had before this was a gem !
The data base sounds good but I'm not sure how it could be done . I'm the worst at posting anything on here .
John

pscan with MPI Mini 4 years 2 months ago #192543

Regarding the Mini .......it is as good as the picture shows unfortunately it's probably the worst Mini we have owned . The Mini Thirty we had before this was a gem !
The data base sounds good but I'm not sure how it could be done . I'm the worst at posting anything on here .
John

I had a Cooper 1.3i J Reg too briefly - was terrible compared to my old faithful.... the gearbox got jammed inside and I sold it on cheap in the end. If only I'd kept the '67 she'd be worth a fortune now! Alas she isn't even shown with MOT history on the DVLA database any more! Guess she died.

pscan with MPI Mini 4 years 2 months ago #192546

Thanks for all the replies - another possibility is an excel file with a sheet for each car. The file could be shared over dropbox....
My MPI Mini was also in a sorry state until I found a real craftsman here in Switerland to take care of the body and paintwork. I took the car over to England to have the engine and gearbox taken care of by Keith Calver - the man is really "the Mini God" as one of my mates called him!

pscan with MPI Mini 4 years 2 months ago #192548

The starting point is what parameters are important?
It would be so easy to get sucked into all the lesser detail but it's probably most important to concentrate on the things that effect emisions first.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

pscan with MPI Mini 4 years 2 months ago #192552

I'm quite prepared to help out with figures/results from our MPI mini [1999]
I've only dabbled with pscan but happy to add the chosen figues to a database.
I havnt connected pscan for a afew months so this sounds like an excuse, for more self-tutorial.
I'll await further ideas from folk. atb, Jon.

pscan with MPI Mini 4 years 2 months ago #192561

Found this on TheMiniforum for an SPI
4.4.2 Component Tests on M.E.M.S Single Point Injection Vehicles

1) Engine Speed
Engine speed displayed in RPM, giving a good indication that the crank angle sensor is operating correctly. Note: If the crank angle sensor circuit is faulty the engine will not start. To diagnose a crank angle sensor fault select this test and crank the engine, a healthy sensor will show cranking RPM of around 300 RPM, a circuit fault will show no RPM reading.

2) Idle Switch
Confirms the operation of the throttle idle switch, by displaying ‘OPEN’ or ‘CLOSED’ depending on throttle pedal position. A vehicle with a faulty throttle idle switch circuit will not run correctly at idle. Note: Not fitted to 93 MV, the throttle pedal switch position Is calculated from the throttle pot position.

3) P/N Switch
Displays the state of the Park/Neutral Switch (labeled Inhibitor Switch in some manuals.) The display will show either open or closed and is only applicable to automatic vehicles.

4) MAP Sensor
Displays the output of the Manifold Absolute Pressure sensor located within the ECU itself. Nominal values approx 3OKPa at idle, approx 100 KPa with engine off.

5) Coolant Temp
Displays the output of the Coolant Sensor in °C. It should be noted that engine hot idle is not reached until the coolant temperature is above around 82°C. In ‘Limp Home’ mode the ECU sets the coolant temperature to a default value of around 60°C.

6) Inlet Air Temp
Displays the output of the Inlet Air Temperature Sensor in °C. In ‘Limp Home’ mode the ECU sets the inlet air temperature to a default value of around 35°C

7) Ambient Air
Displays the Ambient Air Temperature. (This value is calculated Temp from other engine parameters.)

8) Battery Volts
Displays the Battery Voltage as read by the ECU. If the battery voltage falls below approx 11.8 volts the ECU compensates by increasing the injection duration.

9) Throttle Pot
Displays the Throttle Potentiometer Voltage. This test is ideally performed with the engine stopped to enable the full travel of the potentiometer to be tested. A smooth increase in reading should be seen showing that no ‘Flat Spots’ are present. The range expected is approx: 0.5 to 4.0 Volts

10) Lambda Volts
Displays the output of the Exhaust Gas Oxygen Sensor (Lambda Sensor). As the sensor warms up to 300 °C the voltage can be seen switching from lean to rich. A lean reading would be about 0.1 volts and a rich reading above 1.0 volts. The lambda switching threshold is around 0.6 volts. In ‘Limp Home’ mode the ECU substitutes a reading of 0.8 volts hence running the car permanently slightly rich. Note: Lambda sensors are only fitted to vehicles with closed-loop emission control

pscan with MPI Mini 4 years 2 months ago #192563

I suggest that each of you get your MPI up to operating temperature and then log data with the engine at a warm idle.
Instructions on logging are here https://www.the-t-bar.com/forum/pscan-uk-diagnostic-tool-forum/96526-logging-data-to-a-file

You would simply start logging and then select all parameters in live data and let it log for a few seconds with the engine idling.

Once you have all collected some data I am happy to collate it into one spreadsheet and host it on the pscan website.
The following user(s) said Thank You: talkingcars, sworkscooper, SwissBrent

Moderators: pscan.uk
Time to create page: 0.127 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT