Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

If i wasn't modding a TF 9 years 9 months ago #146728

Most of you know me on here for trying to mod my tf. Whatever you may think of the outcome i really have a deep love for the MG marque. I mentioned in a previous post some time ago how if i had the right car I wouldn't mind having a crack at a full nuts and bolts restore. I certainly have the time and would try to rise to the challenge as best i could. So with that in mind i started doing some research and having a look around and came accross this:

Reg number: LDJ791
Date of registration:1959
Mileage: 87,000 (not warranted)
MOT: No
Tax: No

Yes i know its a wreck, and yes if i bought it i would probably have to replace every single panel, nut and bolt. However its complete, everything is there including a set of wire wheels and with my heavily rose tinted glasses on. I can picture it finished, see the gleaming new paint and the polished chrome. If i wasn't working on my current TF i would like to think i would be working on this. For those interested in seeing more pics, this car is currently on ebay and will be going to auction on July 25th. The guide price? £500 - £1500 if you were to take on a restoration project what car would you choose?
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by Denial.

If i wasn't modding a TF 9 years 9 months ago #146729

Funnily enough, I would probably be attempting one of those. I love MGAs!
:broon:
David
:shrug:

If i wasn't modding a TF 9 years 9 months ago #146731

I wouldn't have the time, skill or patience for such a project. Having said that, anybody that does one has my total respect. :broon:

That MGA would be mint if restored with a hefty budget. It'd be worth a few quid if it was restored too I reckon. :yesnod:

If i wasn't modding a TF 9 years 9 months ago #146732

MGA - best looking MG ever? Not sure but I really like them. First MG I ever drove (aged 18 - it belonged to a cousin). Here is one that turned-up for a very wet show at Tain this year. Could be a caption contest.

Richard
1.8i Mk2 Solar Red, 16 inch square spoke wheels, MGFMania hood with zip-in glass rear window, DRLs, Kmaps ECU, Pipercross panel air filter, MGOC Supersports back box & some cockpit bling
Attachments:

If i wasn't modding a TF 9 years 9 months ago #146740

caption. what no roof and you want how much :P
BILSTIEN DAMPERS, 4-2-1 MANIFOLD, HEAD WORK BY SABRE.

If i wasn't modding a TF 9 years 9 months ago #146745

Denial Go for it
[IMG]ht[/img]

If i wasn't modding a TF 9 years 9 months ago #146746

Sorry, not my cup of tea.

Home to black Alfa Romeo 159 3.2 V6 Q4 ,green MGF VVC and red MG Maestro T16.

MG - the friendly marque.

If i wasn't modding a TF 9 years 9 months ago #146753

It looks a big job, but I'd love one, it'd be a hoot.
"Keep calm, relax, focus on the problem & PULL THE BLOODY TRIGGER"

If i wasn't modding a TF 9 years 9 months ago #146755

I wonder have patience for a project like that, always preferred rolling projects.

Like driving them to much.

If i wasn't modding a TF 9 years 7 months ago #149331

Actually it looks like a lot of surface rust. I don't see any perforations. Shame it's not the twin cam model............................... unlike the others I think they are a beautiful car it's the curves you know .................................... beautiful :woo2: .

If i wasn't modding a TF 9 years 7 months ago #149348

For those of you who may be interested or were wondering, that MGA with a guide price of £500-£1500 ended up selling for £3816.00! http://www.swva.co.uk/mg-roadster-1959/
The following user(s) said Thank You: Diesel Destroyer

If i wasn't modding a TF 9 years 7 months ago #149359

Which is why I cannot afford one ............................................................................ excuse me whilst i go intot eh corner hand have a cry :(

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.132 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT