Topic

A little software test needed 14 years 2 months ago #9944

• psymon's Avatar Topic Author
  • psymon
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • 2001 MGF 1.8 in MNX
Hi Guys

Could somebody (With a little PC knowhow) do me a favour.
It is MG related.

Download this file
http://www.mghut.com/mgfprojectmanager.zip

Extract to your desktop
Run the program mgfprojectmanager

on the first run it will ask you to configure your car, You'll need to select your model at least to continue.

Once into the main program select the howto tab at the top of the screen
Click the update how's button

Program should now download a bunch of files.
I need to know if after the download if you get a update complete or update failure message

After this go to the how to's tab on the left side and double click on any of the how to's
I need to know if the how to is displaying properly/Reabable.

Thanks
Simon

Please Log in to join the conversation.

A little software test needed 14 years 2 months ago #9945

Not wanting to sound off, but how can we trust you and this 'software'? Can someone vouch for you?

Sorry, but when it comes to forums and the unknown I assume nothing and trust no-one!
2000 MGF 1.8i SE Wedgewood
2002 MG ZS200 Trophy Blue
1999 Land Rover Discovery series 2 TD5

A little software test needed 14 years 2 months ago #9947

• psymon
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • 2001 MGF 1.8 in MNX

Not wanting to sound off, but how can we trust you and this 'software'? Can someone vouch for you?

Sorry, but when it comes to forums and the unknown I assume nothing and trust no-one!

Then thats a shame, These forums are all about sharing and helping each other with what ever skill set we may have.

If i was going to post spyware or malware , it certainly wouldn't be on a forum which has logged my ip and isp. or distrubute from a website which the 'who is' gives out my details, etc etc. ( i spend most of my life getting rid the of the stuff).

If you don't trust me or the software don't download load it. I actually wish most people thought this way, not that they should actually have to its just the world we live in. If you do download it then do the sensible thing scan it before running it.

A little software test needed 14 years 2 months ago #9948

I have tested the download and the zip file downloads and extracts OK. The update completed successfully and downloaded 51 files. Unfortunately the links to the How to's Do not work.

A little software test needed 14 years 2 months ago #9949

Then thats a shame, These forums are all about sharing and helping each other with what ever skill set we may have.

If i was going to post spyware or malware , it certainly wouldn't be on a forum which has logged my ip and isp. or distrubute from a website which the 'who is' gives out my details, etc etc. ( i spend most of my life getting rid the of the stuff).

If you don't trust me or the software don't download load it. I actually wish most people thought this way, not that they should actually have to its just the world we live in. If you do download it then do the sensible thing scan it before running it.

I'm sure you will also know that most forums do not allow software links in case of piracy or copyright. Unfortunately some people get burned and therefore err on the side of caution, nothing personal.
2000 MGF 1.8i SE Wedgewood
2002 MG ZS200 Trophy Blue
1999 Land Rover Discovery series 2 TD5

A little software test needed 14 years 2 months ago #9950

• cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.
I can see both sides of this.

Psymon has worked hard to develop a useable collection of useful how tos etc and this is obviously a development in that area.

I fall on the side of Stamford though and err from running programs that I know nothing about. While I have no reason to think that it will install any trojan etc, it is still alien for me to run anything that is unknown.

Perhaps you could explain it in a little more detail Psymon.

It is personal choice in the end and neither side should feel upset or alienated at the perspective taken by anyone on here.

A little software test needed 14 years 2 months ago #9951

Ok guys,
As a savvy PC user I have downloaded this software and checked it through. It is safe and does not contain any nasties.

I am currently downloading the How-tos and will update this post soon.:yesnod:
David
:shrug:

A little software test needed 14 years 2 months ago #9952

PSymon,
I have successfully downloaded 51 files.
The how-tos work.
The only strange bit is that it is necessary to double-click them before they open. otherwise it's working.:yesnod:
David
:shrug:

A little software test needed 14 years 2 months ago #9953

I have tried the download etc. again and all seems to work OK now. Good resource.

A little software test needed 14 years 2 months ago #9954

• Visitor
  • Visitor
A great little program, let us know if you need any testing done as I'm sure there's a couple of us interested in programming who would be happy to help. I'll post a couple of screens for people who are a bit wary of downloading.

Car setup page:

Main page:

Random How To:

Seems like a great little program!

A little software test needed 14 years 2 months ago #9960

• cjj
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • The future is vented.
Might have to try it myself.

A little software test needed 14 years 2 months ago #9966

• psymon
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
  • 2001 MGF 1.8 in MNX
Cheers guys.

Need to make sure it wasn't just my machine the how to's work on.

CJJ - A little explanation

Apart from an offline viewing of the How to's , I intend the software to keep track of the various parts used in your
mods and Maintence. Keeping track of the part, supplier and cost, And which box you chucked the part into a year ago.

Notifactions of when your insurance , mot, tax and service's are due etc.

Tomm

I'll be after a few beta testers.
If any of you want to be testers. let me know (I'll quicky set something up to keep track testing)

If anybody has any other Idea's for this workshop software, let me know and i'll see what i can do

Time to create page: 0.110 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT