Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Fuel filling fusspot no more. 2 months 3 weeks ago #205690

Every eighteen month I come on grumbling about the slow filling speed of the f.
I can pull up to a pump next to a Range Rover & commence to fill up, the Range Rover can pump three times the capacity as the MG & he’s full, paid, gone & has used a couple of gallon whilst I’m stood clacking away.
I’ve taken the restricted flap out of the filler neck, or to be more accurate two of the three welds had failed & it didn’t take much for the third to become detached.
Having found a new one at a price less than a crap used one I set about replacing the old one, not an exacting job unless the nylon nuts on the orange cover won’t shift & self destruct. I called on the scissors & having laid waste to it I discovered why I’d been struggling for all those years.
I’ll post some pictures & you can form your own opinions.
The final picture is what a new one is like & what it looks like now once I’d finished replacing the whole kit.
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by Cobber.

Fuel filling fusspot no more. 2 months 3 weeks ago #205731

I have a September 1996 build Mk1 MGF and I don't have a problem with fuel filling PROVIDED I put the fuel pump nozzle in in the right place ( quarter to) and don't pull the nozzle WIDE OPEN!! Stop filling at first click, (( been in daily use since 2012))

Fuel filling fusspot no more. 2 months 3 weeks ago #205740

I look forward to the first fill up, there has to be a major improvement over what was supplied in 1998. You must agree that having a full bore as opposed to a wonky barrel should now exhibit, if not exactly a full bore filling, certainly a much improved squirt.
M

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.090 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT