Sign In   Register

Topic

Stopping distance 3 months 1 week ago #205530

I know an MGF owner who is running ''Multispokes'' over AP 4 pot callipers and is using 2mm spacers.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Stopping distance 3 months 1 week ago #205533

Thanks Bryan, you’re tempting me away from the course I’ve chartered. The callipers should have arrived yesterday but our favourite delivery company didn’t, thanks yet again Hermes/ Everi or whoever you’ll be when you change your name again to cover your inefficiency’s.
They damaged the package, thanks again, they damaged the package on a very cost effective project. They damage the package to a point where they might not be worth delivering
The package was damaged after I’d invested time in making tooling to make the disc modifications easy & I’ve bought some discs to experiment with, they too are being delivered (possibly) by Hermes.
So thanks Hermes, thanks a bunch.
I might be strong armed into buying some callipers to continue the experiment, so the costs escalate, thanks a big bunch.
M

Stopping distance 3 months 1 week ago #205534

They change the name to protect the guilty
"Keep calm, relax, focus on the problem & PULL THE BLOODY TRIGGER"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Airportable

Stopping distance 3 months 1 week ago #205542

what calipers had they managed to damage Mike ? They must have really been throwing them around to damage something like that
2003 TF 135 sunstorm

Stopping distance 3 months 1 week ago #205546

The seller copied me in to the email from Everi, stating that the package was damaged & parts were hanging out. If it was retrievable they would repact & send, if not they would return the units to the seller.
They arrived this afternoon & they are fine. To a delivery person finding a dilapidated package with disjointed bits of grubby metal rattling around must have seen as a disaster & had reacted accordingly. These panic laden communications prompted myself & the seller to exchange humorous emails at the expense of Hermes.
To have broken these would have taken a very determined delivery driver with much more than a hand held computer at their disposal, a lump hammer perhaps.
The test discs arrived also. I couldn’t resist having a play seeing it’s been a disjointed day due to doctors & dentist, I’ve finished one, so I’ll post a picture of an original, an unadulterated test & a finished test, I’m quite pleased.
M

Stopping distance 3 months 1 week ago #205547

Having been involved with installing, commissioning and training of maintenance staff for high speed automated freight handling systems……. I can tell you that, these things are remarkably good, but when things go wrong, they go wrong big time!
They typically travel through the automated sorting conveyor system at @ 3 meters per second, which means that if something goes wrong it does so with some force and velocity.
It’s not just the initial impact but also subsequent impacts from the items following in along the line.

And it’s almost always the human factor that is the root cause.
"Keep calm, relax, focus on the problem & PULL THE BLOODY TRIGGER"

Stopping distance 3 months 6 days ago #205553

It strikes me that the “less rigorous” delivery companies use freelance carriers, who are paid on results & if your parcel gets in the way of Results then,just maybe, less care is taken.
There is one such driver who screeches to a holt at the War Memorial outside church. The sliding side door is flung back & parcels are ejected from the vehicle, rummaged through, then thrown back in a different order. Then, in a huge cloud of Vape, the door is slammed shut & in a shower of granite clippings is away to deliver all the pieces of a once beautiful Royal Worcester vase. (Poetic license).
It’s not always dry around the memorial.
M

Stopping distance 3 months 6 days ago #205564

I’ve done a fair amount of opinion spreading today, having had appointments disrupting flow of the day & with time to waste while othered waste my time I’ve taken out my frustrations on you dear readers.
I promised pictures of the discs I’m modifying, sadly they are less impactful due to my camera being a telephone & the not conveying perspective as I was hoping. None the less we’ve all became inured to crumby photographs, so please have some more
Attachments:

Stopping distance 3 months 6 days ago #205566

The last sentence has been lost, probably at Crewe station.
The last picture shows the disc ready to fit, the calliper needs a clean, rebuilding & fixing hardware inventing. It’s all been put in pending until other work is completed.
M

Stopping distance 3 months 6 days ago #205569

I must be the lucky one, I have never had any problems with Hermes/Evri/etc with damaged or lost parcels or the crap that''its delivered in the bin, in next doors rose bushes or under the car. I also agreed to send a MGF steering wheel to a friend in Canada, by Canada Post, to my surprise it was picked up from my house by Hermes, and handled by them in stages al the way to the destination in Canada , I tracked it al the way and it arrived on time, excellent service . I received one small parcel three months late from them clearly addressed to me with an extra label saying '''NOT NEXT''' it had obviously gone to the clothing company. Hermes probably deliver about 10 parcels a week to my address.

Stopping distance 3 months 6 days ago #205570

I must have sent about forty five MGB OD gearboxes to the USA with Fedex, UPS and DHL without ever having a problem. I have had hundreds of parcels delivered to me over the years by Hermes, Yodel, DHL, DPD, APC, UPS and Fedex with barely a problem, however Parcelforce are a law until themselves. Yesterday I received a parcel delivered by Parcelforce, seven days to travel 80 miles, actually one day to deliver but six days in their depot in Plymouth waiting for the sender to go back and kick somebody's ass and get it on a van. They have delivered parcels not just to the wrong address but the wrong address in the wrong county. A MGB CWP from Bastuck in Germany sat in their Exeter Dept for a week before they sent an invoice for VAT and Duty, I called them and paid it two days before the letter arrived. A couple of months ago I sent a box containing heavyish pieces of metal, to prevent them breaking out of the cardboard box I put three or four layers of clear cling film to reinforce the box, the result was a £6 for not sending in a cardboard box!
However the funniest thing was nearly twenty years ago when the courier delivered some bull semen cryrogenic flask, he waited while we transferred the semen out of the delivery flask into our own. He rushed back to his van shut the side door but not the rear doors, as he drove off several other flasks fell out onto the road, the lids opened and hundreds if not thousands of pounds worth of straws of semen defrosted while he tried to gather them up not knowing which ones belonged in which flask. Needless to say I notified the semen supplier.

Stopping distance 3 months 6 days ago #205574

I must be unfortunate as it’s only Hermes bringing heavy, stranger shaped parcels; a month to bring suspension parts from Bolton, they managed to lose one disc from a very well packed parcel, it never turned up. Obviously these recent items, but there have been others.
However, for me Parcel force have never put a foot wrong.
Funny do’s
M

Last edit: Post by Airportable.
Time to create page: 0.109 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT