Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

airbox clips 4 months 11 hours ago #205390

Is there a subtle difference in the two fastening clips at one side of the air filter housing/box compared to the two at the other side...? Or are all 4 identical?

Any MG stockist or recommended e-bay supplier if I really do need (at least) two replacements?

Tks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

airbox clips 4 months 10 hours ago #205391

Not sure if there's any difference. Try MGOC Spares, Rimmer Bros, or MGFnTFBITZ, I've used them all, and I can recommend them.
The following user(s) said Thank You: freelancer

airbox clips 3 months 4 weeks ago #205396

From memory the clips are the same but some are fitted upside down.

+1 for those sellers. Most helpful and you can even learn a lot from looking at their catalogues and websites. Our cars are very well catered for on both new and 2nd hand parts.
2003 TF 135 sunstorm

airbox clips 3 months 4 weeks ago #205400

I’ll add my endorsement to the above & also recommend you have the Electronic Parts Catalog (EPC) to hand. You can deduce a lot about the thinking behind how the car was put together & although it is not without fault, it’s the best we’ve got & will ever get.
M

airbox clips 3 months 4 weeks ago #205406

:doh: :doh: :doh:

LOL and embarassing and yes --STUPID.... that's me!!

After puzzling about all this and finding that there is no obvious spare part or Rimmers Part No. for the clips (the air filter housing is sold with all 4 fasteners attached..)

And then a helpful discussion with MGF&MGTFBITZ; I then (suddenly) realised the following (yes, simple and 99% obvious)...

The two fasteners at the NEARSIDE position of the air filter housing are attached to the UPPER casing of the housing, whilst the two fasteners at the cylinder block, OFFSIDE position of the vehicle are attached to the LOWER part of the housing. OK so far?
Thus the two fasteners at the Nearside position are re-affixed by pushing DOWNWARDS on the buckle of the clip, whilst the two clips on the offside position are re-affixed by pulling UPWARDS on the buckle part of the fastener. SIMPLES.

Yes, unless like I was trying to do, which was (vainly) attempting to re-affix the nearside position clips by pulling UPWARDS9!!! (like the offside clips). Not so!

Hope this makes you smile or shake your head in disbelief.

Regards
Ian

airbox clips 3 months 3 weeks ago #205428

Not at all. I tried to do exactly the same the first time i changed an airfilter on my last TF
2003 TF 135 sunstorm

airbox clips 3 months 3 weeks ago #205455

er, erm, apologies, yeah... I didn't even manage to get my convoluted clip fastening explanation above correct..!

To be clear and to correct the earlier description:
the two fasteners at the nearside position of the air filter box are re-affixed by pulling upwards on the buckle of the clip, whilst the two clips on the offside position are re-affixed by pushing downwards,

airbox clips 3 months 3 weeks ago #205457

That reminds me. A while ago I ordered an uprated Pipercross air filter to fit in the existing airbox. Only once i'd thrown out the old filter Pipercross announced a 3 month backlog on orders. I cancelled and went for a bog standard filter on next day delivery but i will get round to ordering a pipercross for when i next plan work that needs the engine cover off.
2003 TF 135 sunstorm

Last edit: Post by Notanumber.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.096 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT