Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

adjusting soft top ? 5 months 1 week ago #204902

Is the soft top iself adjustable at its sides or is the adjustment only done on the windows ? I've recently replaced my soft top and want to sort out the small gaps at the tops of the windows but don't want to that to then be a problem when i refit the hardtop. Is the height of the side rail itself adjustable in relation to the main frame ?
2003 TF 135 sunstorm

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by Notanumber.

adjusting soft top ? 5 months 1 week ago #204915

Is all the adjustment done on the windows or can the top itself be adjusted to suit ?

As there are very few rain free days currently I'd just rather avoid braving the elements to get the door cards off and adjust the window height for the soft top but then later find they foul the hard top when that goes back on so it all has to be backed out.

The only How To on soft top adjustment is just about how to tighten up the front catches which of course doesnt help with the sides.
2003 TF 135 sunstorm

adjusting soft top ? 5 months 6 days ago #204931

Seriously no replies at all on a really straightforward question. :dry:
2003 TF 135 sunstorm

adjusting soft top ? 5 months 6 days ago #204933

Sorry from this direction, for me it was a fit & forget. Waz the old one off, plonk the new one on & after bolting up & a twiddle with the catches it’s not been touched.
Trim, taught & tremendous.
M

adjusting soft top ? 5 months 6 days ago #204934

I am also curious about this. I fitted a new hood to my car some time ago and, despite fitting it on the original frame, it doesn't fit very well over the left-hand window. I never figured it out, but I have wondered whether adjusting the tension on the wire on that side would help.

I've never been over concerned as the car rests in the garage and I try to avoid using it in the rain.

adjusting soft top ? 5 months 6 days ago #204936

• Cobber
  • Away
  • '97 MGF 1.8 MPI
It’s a job I’ve not had to do, so I can’t offer any advice on the matter, I do have a nice new soft top awaiting it’s turn for fitting but until then I can’t offer any pearls of wisdom
"Keep calm, relax, focus on the problem & PULL THE BLOODY TRIGGER"

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.100 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT