Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

A 2004 TF 135 with just one ABS sensor 6 months 3 weeks ago #204320

It's on every car, it's for the speedo and checks the speed. if you have ABS this rear wheel sensor does two jobs.!!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

A 2004 TF 135 with just one ABS sensor 6 months 3 weeks ago #204325

It's on every car, it's for the speedo and checks the speed. if you have ABS this rear wheel sensor does two jobs.!!

Not so sure about that though, my TF has a speed sensor built into the diff, it is then wired to the speedo from there.

A 2004 TF 135 with just one ABS sensor 6 months 3 weeks ago #204341

A friend of mine has a 2003 TF 135 and it has the exact same set-up. I thought that the single sensor was for speed input to the ECU, but that is nothing more than a guess.
Mark
95 MGF

A 2004 TF 135 with just one ABS sensor 6 months 3 weeks ago #204343

Thank you Mark, someone else said the same thing on another forum ten years ago, "The single sensor gives an input to the MEMs unit to show the wheels are turning and is part of the misfire circuit apparently. The speedo signal comes from the gearbox."
It does seem bizarre to have two speed sensors when one would have served both purposes, but that's how MG-Rover worked I suppose.

A 2004 TF 135 with just one ABS sensor 6 months 3 weeks ago #204344

Thank you Mark, someone else said the same thing on another forum ten years ago, "The single sensor gives an input to the MEMs unit to show the wheels are turning and is part of the misfire circuit apparently. The speedo signal comes from the gearbox."
It does seem bizarre to have two speed sensors when one would have served both purposes, but that's how MG-Rover worked I suppose.

Not unlike the multiple coolant temperature sensors, one for the ECU and one for the gauge.
"Keep calm, relax, focus on the problem & PULL THE BLOODY TRIGGER"

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.098 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT