Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

MG TF 160 VVC coolant temperature sensor (ECU) off? 7 months 2 weeks ago #204125

You never know, she might be dropping a social anthropologist, a dentist, a reiki teacher, or even a professional bagpiper…
Richard (shedding his years in a 1964 Series 2a 109")

Please Log in to join the conversation.

MG TF 160 VVC coolant temperature sensor (ECU) off? 7 months 2 weeks ago #204126

Correct, however we know the gender (I’m old fashioned, I follow the science, considering two to be the historic norm) & what is a dentist other than an engineer of the gob!
Interestingly Land Rover ownership has been a reoccurring theme on here, with that & the MG being the foundations of multi car garages.
M

MG TF 160 VVC coolant temperature sensor (ECU) off? 7 months 2 weeks ago #204127

And if a bagpiper let them be Northumbrian small pipes.
M

MG TF 160 VVC coolant temperature sensor (ECU) off? 7 months 2 weeks ago #204128

One thing to note is that if the coolant level is very low the two temperature senders may not be immersed in coolant…if that is so, then the temperature senders will not be giving correct information to the ECU or gauge

Its very true hence why it is so important to monitor the coolant level. I had that happen 25 years ago in a Montego (2 litre O series engine) that was my daily driver at the time. I was just heading east to the Dartford tunnel and the temperature needle had started climbing after I'd dropped down from motorway speeds. It didnt go worryingly high so i thought i would be fine to continue. As the traffic slowed further in the tunnel itself the car started misfiring and losing power. i hadnt related it to overheating as the temperature gauge was no where near the red so just carried on. The engine's behavior got worse and it conked out about 50 yards the other side of the tunnel and refused to restart. As soon as I walked to the front of the car I realisedwhat had happened due to the amount of heat being given off. I have no idea where the coolant went nor did I manage to get that started again so sourced a good 2nd hand engine that gave troublefree motoring.
Ive made a point on keeping an eye on coolant level on everything ive driven since.
2003 TF 135 sunstorm

Last edit: Post by Notanumber.

MG TF 160 VVC coolant temperature sensor (ECU) off? 7 months 2 weeks ago #204129

And if a bagpiper let them be Northumbrian small pipes.
M

Could be worse . The pipes I mean, of course ;-)

Thanks for looking into it. For the time being I'm going to only change the pressure cap (and the air filter, while the inspection lid is off) and see what happens. If it still overheats, the sensor is next.
Richard
The following user(s) said Thank You: Airportable

MG TF 160 VVC coolant temperature sensor (ECU) off? 7 months 2 weeks ago #204130

Sorry this was a duplicate message.

Last edit: Post by Airportable.

MG TF 160 VVC coolant temperature sensor (ECU) off? 7 months 2 weeks ago #204131

I still consider Billy Pigg to be the finest piper I’ve heard.
The Border Minstrel.
M

MG TF 160 VVC coolant temperature sensor (ECU) off? 7 months 2 weeks ago #204139

That is quite the piper… I fear though we wandered off into OT territory.
Richard

MG TF 160 VVC coolant temperature sensor (ECU) off? 7 months 1 week ago #204142

Nothing odd about that. You want to look back through some of the older posts to see that deviation from the subject can be the norm & not the exception.
And thanks for the reference to the man himself, we happily accept music from the traditions of other countries but are ignorant of our own musical heritage.
M

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.105 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT