Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

centre console replacement 8 months 1 week ago #203927

Hello how do you replace the centre console, the one shown in the photo Mine is quite marked,so I`ve bought a nice replacement.
I was bidding on two , I tried to cancel the one but too late,so I have a very nice centre console for sale Its for an MG F MK1 pre face lift No rips or tears ,since I have two, you can choose which one you want .This is if the car doesn`t sell first,as one does with it Len
Attachments:

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Last edit: Post by Cobber.

centre console replacement 8 months 1 week ago #203928

I did this recently, first remove the air vents, they pop out quite easily. Then remove the gear-lever knob, then the gear-lever gaitor which is held in with four moulded in clips, they are placed at 12, 3, 6, and 9 o’clock positions. Then remove the radio. The console contains the two gauges and window switches etc is removed, it has five metal spring clips, one each side near the top, one each side ear the bottom. You need to be careful because you need to slide the consol forwards and upward to disengage the bottom lug. Disconnect the wiring remembering which plug goes where. The remove the two panels that contain the footwell lights (2 screws each side) then two screws each side at the front and one each side accessible by sliding the seats forward. Replacement is the reverse of removing. I swapped the oil temp with the clock and put the low coolant light in one of the dummy switches.
I hope this helps.
EDIT
This https://www.the-t-bar.com/forum/22-cjjs-guides/5155-centre-console-how-to-remove explains how to remove the centre console, it is an excellent guide has very good photos.

Last edit: Post by MGB281.

centre console replacement 8 months 1 week ago #203937

Thanks for the detailed info .But the way I feel I am going to give the console,to the new owner and let them fit it .. Health wise I just don`t feel llike taking on the job Len

centre console replacement 8 months 1 week ago #203940

Have you found a buyer ?
2003 TF 135 sunstorm

centre console replacement 8 months 1 week ago #203941

Hello someone is coming today ,if he can make it .Just waiting for a phone call Len

centre console replacement 8 months 1 week ago #203942

At the price it is now its a bargain for someone .Our everyday car,has developed an expensive fault and I think Im going to have to buy another car ,so selling the MG will help Len

centre console replacement 8 months 1 week ago #203943

Good luck Len
2003 TF 135 sunstorm
The following user(s) said Thank You: digcot65

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.105 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT