Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Noisey unlocking 8 months 6 days ago #203916

Just a note, since RookyMGF have MG F and not MG TF, he has Lucas alarm system and squarish 2 button fobs. He does not have Pektron SCU of later MG TF.
However sorting door lock/s should be done as soon as possible.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Noisey unlocking 8 months 6 days ago #203918

sorry, forgot to ask -do you have an MGTF or F
The f doesn't use a PLEKTRON SCU body controller which have the relay issues.
I am not aware of F's having relay issues

mike

Noisey unlocking 8 months 6 days ago #203919

Your comments may not be applicable in this case but it’s a timely warning to the next person along who may have a similar problem, they could be Pektron equipped.
Information like this adds to the general wealth of knowledge within the ‘bar & to pool that is one very good reason to contribute.
Every contributor could bring that nugget of information or encouragement that would profit another. One only has to think back a day or two & consider Notanumber & his query on wing removal, a swift response changed his outlook, resulting in another job well done.
Thanks Mike.
M
The following user(s) said Thank You: g4wam, RookyMGF

Noisey unlocking 8 months 6 days ago #203921

Sorry its a 2001 MGF I have.

Thanks for all the information.

Noisey unlocking 8 months 6 days ago #203924

That should simplify things a bit as it's pre Pektron.
2003 TF 135 sunstorm
The following user(s) said Thank You: RookyMGF

Noisey unlocking 8 months 5 days ago #203930

• VVC160
  • Time served MGer
  • Time served MGer
  • Van (not yet a camper) driver nowadays
It seems I had the issue 6yrs ago, bought the locking motor from Ebay for cheap combined order & postage from R Timms (mild prices)....
After or while having the door handle failure... (DIY mending huge screw solving it)...
MGTF / Lucas fobs...

Never could get out the door handle mechanism!
So, didn't even change the door locker. Might remember, it disappeared within a couple of months...
As spares, I have the door locker & a Trophy yellow handle... Make offer, if required!

Anyhow, howto is here: https://www.the-t-bar.com/forum/54-how-tos/92793-how-to-change-a-door-lock-mechanism

Last edit: Post by VVC160.

Noisey unlocking 8 months 5 days ago #203931

I’d keep hold of it if I were you, these things don’t go away, they hide in dark corners until you’ve forgotten about the problem & then when you’re least expecting it they hop out, blow you a great big raspberry & create all manner of problems.
M

Noisey unlocking 8 months 2 days ago #203979

continuing the theme here., MGF/TF doorlocks are in 2 varieties from memory..
MGF are different in that they have a single cable on the driver /passenger side-no reversing wiring (SCU relay)for the superlock
MGTF have 2 cables on the driver side and the passenger side-reverser wiring (SCU) relay for the superlock

Internally they are the same-(bold statement from me)
I had a whole load of info and dissection pictures on here but cant find them anymore.
The main failure on door locks is the microswitches which can be cleaned after lock dissection

I you have a TF and it has deadlocked on the passenger side -the fault more that likely will be the SCU superlock relay and not the lock mech (another bold statement from my experience)

regards

Mike

Noisey unlocking 8 months 2 days ago #203994

Im wondering then if the troublesome superlock could be disabled so the mechanism would then just work as a bog standard lock (with C/L)
2003 TF 135 sunstorm

Noisey unlocking 8 months 2 days ago #204000

that is exactly what I did after I got the passenger door off ,reversed the superlock with a 12volt supply from the cigarette lighter socket ( lock cables removed first) , then I replaced the super lock SCU relay which had gone faulty.
But i never wanted that scenario to happen again so cut the wires to the super lock part of the passenger door lock..

mike

Noisey unlocking 5 months 3 weeks ago #204722

I got locked in and thought I might have sat on the fob as pressing lock and unlock opened the drivers door,it happened again but key was in ignition, following advice I sprayed wd40 at the lock and inside the door, this seemed to encourage the machine gun type rattling referred to.
I have purchased a new mechanism for drivers door but also removed central locking fuse to avoid being locked in ,this means I can unlock drivers door with key but still need to press fob to disarm alarm.
Being without central locking on a car with only two doors and rarely with a passenger is fine for now.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.128 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT