Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

Re:Re:nothing to flap about 9 months 2 weeks ago #203155

If they needed to cut costs they would’ve been better off giving the bean counters the arse than cheapscating the product.
A race to the bottom is never a race you want to win………everyone but bastard bean counters understands that!

Believe me BMW were as bad if not worse, I designed a trscking system to track a vehicle build and store the data on an RF tag, this data stayed with the vehicle from the initial frame build to leaving the gates on a transporter, the dealers would be able to access the data for warranty claims etc, the cost of the RF tag permanently attached to the vehicle (Mini in this case) was 40 pence, it was thrown out due to cost, go figure?

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Re:nothing to flap about 9 months 2 weeks ago #203156

The change to spring/dampers on MG TF was not a direct Project Drive initiative, but a causality from the end of production of the Rover 100. The MGF was developed from Metro chassis, with hydrogas spheres, but the Metro was the volume seller and the MGF was a niche sportscar. When the Metro went out of production the only car left using hydrogas was the MGF. The Allegro, Maxi, 18-22, Princess, Metro, Ambassador, Rover 100 all history, and with them Hydrogas.

The production numbers just for MGF to Dunlop were no longer viable at the Metro price point. So costs were going to rise considerably, or you went to Springs and Dampers like just about every one else.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Airportable, MGB281

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.092 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT