Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

MFU relays 10 months 2 weeks ago #202803

I assume that is because you remove it when you fit it. Locking clip to stop clock spring rotating/unwinding and to keep it central in transit I guess.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

MFU relays 10 months 2 weeks ago #202807

Ah fair dos, that makes sense, thanks, M

MFU relays (no horn) 10 months 2 weeks ago #202850

• RMcB's Avatar Topic Author
  • RMcB
  • Apprentice MGer
  • Apprentice MGer
Thanks for all your help. All is well with the horn now thanks to the great advice and knowledge on this forum.

Quick recap:
- Bought TF, horn doesn't work ( airbag seems fine though)
- Changed all relays, no change.
- Consulted this form, changed MFU (no change), bought wrong rotary coupler.
- Consulted this forum again, and realised that the rotary coupler in the car physically fits, but is the wrong one.
- Changed rotary coupler to the correct one - peep peep! Hooray!

- Two weeks ago knew nothing about nothing. Now I know a bit about MG TF Lucas electrics.
- How did the car pass an MOT without a working horn six weeks before I bought it? Was it broken and inexpertly "repaired" in the intervening six weeks?

Thank you all again who contributed. I'm sure that I will continue to try to alleviate my ignorance on this forum.

Last edit: Post by RMcB.

MFU relays (no horn) 10 months 2 weeks ago #202851

We’ll that’s good news, I was wondering how you were going on. If you’d have gone with your initial gut reaction & ignored my comment you would have been here a week ago. However what price a bit of MGTF electrical knowledge.
So can we assume the rotary coupler that was installed was fine for the intended vehicle but not compatible with the tf. Which ever way up without a working audible warning of approach there shouldn’t have been an MOT. Interesting when I bought my f it came with a very fresh MOT but the horn didn’t work on that & that’s why I replaced the module. The hand brake wouldn’t have held the car on an insignificant slope & there were two bulbs missing from the tail lights. Makes you wonder sometimes.
Glad it’s all working properly.
M

MFU relays (no horn) 10 months 2 weeks ago #202852

• RMcB's Avatar Topic Author
  • RMcB
  • Apprentice MGer
  • Apprentice MGer

So can we assume the rotary coupler that was installed was fine for the intended vehicle but not compatible with the tf.

Exactly! Warning bells should have sounded when I took the steering wheel off, and the rotary coupler was sparklingly clean, when everything else that I've been in at has had 20 years of dust and dirt on it!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Airportable

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.104 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT