Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

mg f suspension pump 10 months 1 week ago #202279

Did some member write,to say they had bought a suspension pressure pump If so what make etc Len

Please Log in to join the conversation.

mg f suspension pump 10 months 1 week ago #202280

Sorry I meant to add ,if the spheres do need regassing I`ll have some pleasure in driving ti during the summer, It will be something to do later on Len

mg f suspension pump 10 months 1 week ago #202285

Can I attempt to untangle those two posts. Firstly are you considering acquiring a pump to reset the ride hight to their recommend settings?
Having pumped up the car to the measured hight you intended to run it, possibly over summer & have the spheres reworked next winter. Is that a fair assessment, because only if all of your spheres are holding the same amount & an acceptable amount of gas will you achieve that. That would be nice but rare.
I would like one of the more learned members to consider & comment on my next thought. If the suspension is far from tip top & Len pumps more fluid than the system would happily cope, would the harshness of the ride, especially over out wonderful roads, compromise the welding around the shock absorbers turrets & associated metalwork.
The race prepared Cup cars had all those mounting points reenforced, indeed there could be members here present with supplementary ironmongery on their cars.
An MGf owner needs a good working knowledge of how the hydragas system works, what to look for, an eye to notice any sag, a container of fluid, a pump up to the job of pumping the system to the correct pressure & a knowledge of how to put it all together safely. You will be playing with the best part of 250psi & if that squirts into your eye it might be more than a new pair of glass you will require. If you don’t have the knowledge or the kit you’ll have to get someone, like Jon & Claire at Rough Luck Racing to attend to it.
Have you been on the internet to see whether there are any for sale. Buy a set of good ones to fit & have some fun now, have your old ones reworked & sell those on to recoup at least some of the costs.
These aren’t instructions but comments to ponder, you have had a near do recently, please don’t have another because of a wayward suspension set up.

mg f suspension pump 10 months 1 week ago #202292

One or two members say they jacked the car up,to pump up the spheres.Surely the car should sit normal on the level,or you will be unable to check the height .Or are they thinking of checking the pressure Len

mg f suspension pump 10 months 1 week ago #202293

I haven’t got time to get into it now, but over the next few days I’ll give you full chapter and verse on the hydragas suspension system.
Unfortunately it will take me hours that I don’t have right now.
"Keep calm, relax, focus on the problem & PULL THE BLOODY TRIGGER"

Re:mg f suspension pump 10 months 1 week ago #202294

You should pump up on level ground out of gear and hand break off, correct height is (I think) 368mm +- 10mm to underside of wheel arch from hub centre on the front only as they are linked no need to measure rear (assuming sphere is ok) pressure at 400psi is usually correct height, from experience (mine) any more that 400 indicates thst the gas has gone and fluid filling the void. Hope that helps. Further info available if you wish from Ian and Dawn Kennedy in Telford who are also Mobile.

Hydragas and Hydrolastic Service Ltd
https://hahsltd.co.uk
Hydragas and Hydrolastic Service Ltd.

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

mg f suspension pump 10 months 1 week ago #202295

On which site have members advised the jacking up of the car, I’ve been a contributor on here for eight or so years having had the car for longer & cannot recall any advice along those lines.
There are enough how to’s on the subject, I would go on the internet & find a site where definitive information is offered by people, some who are experienced engineers & others with empirical knowledge & not one wouldn’t want to see you grinning from ear to ear in their rear view mirror.
For that type of information try T-bar.
Go back through the old posts & meet folk who may no longer be active & along with their wisdom, there’s wit.

Re:mg f suspension pump 10 months 1 week ago #202296

Hello Ive just taken the "F " for its first real run since restoring it I was pleasantly surprised overall with the car .Maybe not as hard as I thought ,after all it is a sports car The last two restorations I did, were on a Mercedes SLC 450 and an SL350 which were completely different cars to the "F " However the next job,is to get the ride height sorted to the correct level Len

Re:mg f suspension pump 10 months 1 week ago #202297

It strikes me that three of us are transmitting World Service, whilst the receiver is tuned to Mystery FM.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Steve

mg f suspension pump 10 months 1 week ago #202307

I did a 500SL R107 a few years ago Len. Very different kettle of fish but fun to work on.
2003 TF 135 sunstorm

mg f suspension pump 10 months 1 week ago #202311

A friend at church bought a 500sl & it smelled & looked like it had been kept in a fish kettle.
It’s a lot different now I must add, but I’d have the MG any day of the week, apart from on the M6 just north of Hilton Park serviced when the skies opens directly above my wife & I, having driven back from Tewkesbury in brilliant sunshine. “And out came the sunshine & dried up all the rain” & by Charnock Richard we were bone dry, if a little crumpled.

mg f suspension pump 10 months 4 days ago #202362

Morning I bought a suspension pump,as I was unable to find a local garage who still did suspension pump ups . I received the pump yesterday and after a good read of the instructions decided to have a go .I made a mixture of 50:50 distilled water and anti freeze and went ahead.I t was so simple and straight forward .I kept measuring the height and in to time got both sides correct .I just have to take it out now . The next thing,is to sell the pump It cost £70 inc P&P ,so I think £55 plus P&P or someone may wish to collect it , a gift for someone .Len
Attachments:

Last edit: Post by Cobber.
  • Page:
Time to create page: 0.152 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT