Sign In   Register

Topic

Issue concerning reproduction exterior door handle 11 months 2 weeks ago #202154

Well that was an epic & it must have felt like having a project assessed by a couple of old lecturers similar to the two Muppet mustachios in the theatre box.
It sometimes seems that t-bar has taken on Lord Reith's principles for the BBC:
Inform, Educate & Entertain & this has ticked all those boxes. I don't know how many contribute on a regular basis & how many are occasional visitor or how many drop in on their way past but there's lots on here that's worth more than a cursory glance.
Sometimes when it's busy & topic rattle along in quick succession, useful stuff can gets lost between visits, so it's always good to check back a few pages or take a walk through the Museum of Arcane Wisdom by going way back to see what your fore fathers were discussing when you could buy one of these new.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Issue concerning reproduction exterior door handle 11 months 2 weeks ago #202170

As promised, here are the photos of the door handle mounting. The plastic cutting / shaping could have been a bit cleaner (I am still learning) but overall I think it does not look too out of place. The screw does come out at an odd spot which requires some cutting / shaping of the plastic - but the screw will fit and not make contact with the door pull (with enough cutting / shaping). For now, it is holding very well. We will see how long it lasts.

And Xpart was good to their word. The replacement handle arrived on Monday.
Attachments:

Issue concerning reproduction exterior door handle 11 months 1 week ago #202267

Very well done. The allen key bolts look like part of the design.
2003 TF 135 sunstorm

Time to create page: 0.087 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT