Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

VVC Belt etc 1 year 1 week ago #201886

• jelly's Avatar Topic Author
  • jelly
  • Time served MGer
  • Time served MGer
Hi my mg tf160 has been off road since covid so hopefully coming out for an mot next month. Have got some s/h ap calipers while I get mine rebuilt have done cambelt etc. Things left to do very big clean VVC belt can anybody give me a link? Also handbrake not working on n/s caliper and would like a new key and key fob any suggestions?
Thanks

Please Log in to join the conversation.

VVC Belt etc 1 year 1 week ago #201891

For all things MG & Rover electronic google ; Technozen Electronics, you will need him for your fob and anything else.
The handbrake calipers are troublesome and either rebuild or replace with new ones. I haven’t checked how MX5 rear calipers mount but they may well end up being a good upgrade. The handbrake cables fit them perfectly apart from the lever on the caliper being the hook type, I was able to fit my TF cable on and insert the clevis pin. I will do more research.

Re:VVC Belt etc 1 year 1 week ago #201893

https://www.dmgrs.co.uk/ Give these guys a try, very helpful.

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Re:VVC Belt etc 1 year 1 week ago #201898

• jelly's Avatar Topic Author
  • jelly
  • Time served MGer
  • Time served MGer
Thanks haven't heard anything about the Mazda MX5 calipers but could be interesting. As rebuilding the calipers are a right pain, Thanks for the help

Re:VVC Belt etc 1 year 1 week ago #201905

Thanks haven't heard anything about the Mazda MX5 calipers but could be interesting. As rebuilding the calipers are a right pain, Thanks for the help

I just happened to have a pair and tried them on the handbrake cable and have done nothing more with them, I did however ditch the AP's and have gone for mini R53 calipers. It may seem a retrograde step but if you do the numbers they are a good option. If I ever upgrade the TF again I would more thoroughly investigate the MX5 calipers.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.103 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT