Sign In   Register
  • Page:

Topic

TF160 upgrades 2 years 1 month ago #198579

Hi all
Just acquired a fairly decent TF160 which I intend to use for sprints and hill climb competition. 95k on the clock but not much service history. Just had a power check and it is making 155 bhp at rev limit with good straight line So engine still performing well and has more to come.

Thinking about potential suspension, brake and power upgrades.
What do the experts recommend for
- coil overs
- front disks and callipers
- exhaust upgrades
- air intake upgrade
- K map remap

Seems to me that rev limit could sensibly be raised a bit. Any thoughts on that?

Thanks
Don

Please Log in to join the conversation.

TF160 upgrades 2 years 1 month ago #198623

I would recommend the K-Maps remap. It will add about 10% more power. It will not really make the car faster but will noticeably improve initial acceleration (much smoother) as well as improving the flat spots around 4-5K (at least for a 135, not sure if this will be different for a 160). It makes a noticeable improvement in the overall drivability of the car in my opinion. Easy to do as well.

I do not have much experience with the other items you mentioned. The brakes on the 160 are already good and are significantly larger than the standard brakes. My car came with an upgraded exhaust, so I cannot say how it compares with the standard one. I get the impression that upgraded exhausts have more to do with sound than power for most cars.

The rev limit on a TF160 is 7200. How much higher do you want to go?

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• Page:
Time to create page: 0.091 seconds
© 2024 The-T-Bar.com All Rights Reserved. Hosted By SEBS IT